PDA

View Full Version : Split Screen Problem

Hsawaknow
07-24-2002, 04:23 PM
When I open ZQuest the screen is now split by a "black line" slightly right of the center of the screen. Everything to the right of the "black line" is the same thing as the far left of the screen:

||= "black line"

File Quest Edit Tools Data || File Qu

I've tried screwing with my monitor, resolution, etc.
I had the same problem with Zelda Classic, so I reinstalled it, problem solved, but I can't seem to fix the problem in ZQuest. Thanks...

Happyman
07-24-2002, 04:50 PM
Which version are you using?

I was about to ask if you messed with you're resolution.

Sorry, I don't really know. Sounds like a resolution problem though.

Hsawaknow
07-24-2002, 04:56 PM
I'm using v1.9 I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my computer and not the program. I just thought it was strange that reinstallation solved the problem for Zelda Classic and not ZQuest. I really can't think of anything else to try, is there a way to switch video modes in ZQuest?

I just took a screen shot in the editor but it shows a screen that is fine???

Happyman
07-24-2002, 05:12 PM
As long as you have a place to upload it, you can go ahead and show the screen shot. I'm quite interested.

Also, try getting the windows 1.92 beta 163. You can't miss it. It's at the top of ZC discussion.

Hsawaknow
07-24-2002, 05:40 PM
The screen shot was just of a normal looking ZQ screen despite the fact that I had to guess where the "Etc" dropdown containing the snapshot feature was, because it's covered up by what should be all the way to the left. This is starting to piss me off.

Hsawaknow
07-24-2002, 06:08 PM
I went ahead and downloaded the 1.92 beta 163. ZQ worked, but it suggests not using that to make quests if you want to keep them, so I'm stuck with a non usable version, and a working version that I shouldn't be using.

slothman
07-24-2002, 06:11 PM
If the menus are where they should be but look like they are somewhere else it is probably a resolution problem. There is a option menu in "etc" that might have the wrong settings. Or maybe the "ini" or "cfg" files are incorrect.

Jigglysaint
07-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Hsawaknow, try editing your posts if you forgot to add somthing. We don't double post here at AGN. Just a friendly reminder.

Happyman
07-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Yes, do use the edit button.

And it's not really a reminder. It's his fourth post ever.

Slothman, I don't think he has access to the etc. menu. He can't see it! :(

Mini-Me
07-24-2002, 07:10 PM
actually he could find it... he had to 'guess' as he put it... a couple of posts up... even though he could have hit F12 or whatever to take the screen... :kawaii:

Dark_Xero
07-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Hsawaknow
I went ahead and downloaded the 1.92 beta 163. ZQ worked, but it suggests not using that to make quests if you want to keep them, so I'm stuck with a non usable version, and a working version that I shouldn't be using.

don't worry it says that on ALL the betas

Happyman
07-24-2002, 08:43 PM
Get it. You'll love it. It has twice the features of 1.90.

1.90 has less bugs though.

Hsawaknow
07-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Appreciate the assistance, gang. I'm rolling 1.92 and things are smooth again. Thanks.