PDA

View Full Version : Buying-before-renting

Rijuhn
07-24-2002, 12:45 PM
I was looking through a list of up coming games on the GCN and I made a mental note of certain ones. What games do you know you'll love and will buy them before renting them, maybe even preorder them? Here are my lists.

Buy before playing:

-Mario Sunshine
-Metroid Prime
-Zelda GCN

Iffy games (I'm not sure about these games):

-Turok: Evolution (the more recent Turok games have sucked ass)
-Galleon: Islands of Mystery (I haven't heard from this game in awhile, so I don't plan to buy it)
-Animal Crossing
-Star Fox Adventures (I don't know. There's something about it that I just don't want to buy it. Not yet.)
-Evolution Worlds (most RPGs are shit nowadays)
-Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II (I don't like to pay monthly fees)

SSJ3500
07-24-2002, 02:35 PM
I only rent games if I dont have enough money to buy them. But im planning on getting Star Fox Dinosaur Planet, Mario Sunshine, Zelda, and Metroid Prime without playing them.

Brian
07-24-2002, 02:52 PM
If a game is known to be good but short, I'll usually rent it, unless in the case of the GC where there are few good games out now, so I just bought some. I'm going to buy, without renting first, Mario, Star Fox, Metriod, and yes, probably Zelda. Usually, reading reviews are enough for me, and I don't buy too many console games, so I just go ahead a buy a game that I've heard is great, but not too short.

Cronic
07-24-2002, 03:39 PM
I have a few on my list actually...

for Xbox: TJanE3, MGS2:S, Dave mirra XXX, DOAV, Splinter Cell (if Hideo is impressed than I'm sure I will too...)

Game Cube: Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime

Playstation: Tomb Raider, and well Vice City I guess...

not much in the works for the PS2 that I know of, and anything that goes out to cross platform will certainly be better on Xbox... I have as of yet to find one that doesn't blow the other 2 versions away yet.

vegeta1215
07-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Other than renting games before I buy, I also read reviews of them online.

Though I dislike IGN and don't think they offer much, I do think they write good reviews, of which I trust. Many of the games they gave high ratings that I own are absolutly as good as they say they are.

MottZilla
07-24-2002, 04:31 PM
Um... I ussually read reviews if I don't know about a game. The only game I'll buy anyways that I can think of are Perfect Dark Zero and Metroid Prime. Oh and Soul Calibur 2.