PDA

View Full Version : nintendo and it's fuckin remakes...

Cronic
07-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Ok so now that we have the complete SNES library nearly unaltered appearing on the GBA who likes the following idea...

A GCN compilation of Z1, Mario 3, and Metroid...

I honestly think that if they updated just the graphics and left everything else in the overall game mechanics that this would be their best selling title ever.

Brian
07-24-2002, 12:08 PM
Fairly good idea, but I've already played of those gamea lot, and woulden't necesarily want to buy them again. Maybe if they created lots of new levels for Mario 3 and updated the graphics to the quality of that adventure level in SBM, I would like it. And I would rather have Link to the Past remade then Zelda1. So I guess I would be happy if they created new content for each game in the style of that game.

But you're right, it would be really cool seeing these graphics updated. Especially Metrioid.

AlexMax
07-24-2002, 12:24 PM
I think what DC was getting at was keeping the game mechanics the same.

But still, I think you can take the mechanics of a game so far. For example, I am quite looking forward to Metroid Prime as it would be very interesting to see how they convert the tried and true gameplay of something like Super Metroid to 3D while keeping some of the very basics (exploration0 intact...

SSJ3500
07-24-2002, 02:36 PM
I think their goal is to try to get people to want to play the classics more by putting them on a handheld system. This way people could play old super nintendo games with a bit better grapics anywhere they go.

Cronic
07-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Excuse me... did you say the graphics were... better? Hardly...

vegeta1215
07-24-2002, 03:54 PM
There are alot of video gamers out there who's first Nintendo console was the N64. So, they never got to play some of the masterpieces found on NES and SNES. Why deprive them of such good games?

And so far, I haven't seen many complaints from long time Nintendo fans about remaking games. Who doesn't enjoy a little nostalgia?

Icey
07-24-2002, 04:06 PM
They should do what they did with the original Donkey Kong in DK 64. Make it a game-within-game. Same graphics, gameplay, everything.

Cronic
07-24-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
There are alot of video gamers out there who's first Nintendo console was the N64. So, they never got to play some of the masterpieces found on NES and SNES. Why deprive them of such good games?

And so far, I haven't seen many complaints from long time Nintendo fans about remaking games. Who doesn't enjoy a little nostalgia?

Why charge what is it... 39.99? for it then?

http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60487

If you want "nostalgia" done right you have to go to other sources I guess...

Basically I don't know why I didn't just include that in this thread so if it makes any kinda sense feel free to merge em I guess, but all in all why pay 39.99 for one classic when for 99.99 you can have them all?

allyourmoms
07-24-2002, 04:20 PM
nintendo is making soooo much money. why? cuz people like it! hell ya, i cant wait for metroid fusion they should just have super metroid in the damn game.

vegeta1215
07-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Most 1st party Nintendo games for GBA are only $30.

True, people can go buy a used SNES and get bunch of games, but not everyone wants to have another video game system around. Not too mention, alot of people like playing games on the go, with a Gameboy.

I do agree that though playing remakes is fun and nostalgic, you can't beat the feel of playing them on the original console a game was intended for.

MottZilla
07-24-2002, 04:28 PM
Remakes MUST offer something that the original didn't. I see nothing the super mario world remakes didn't offer. The original SM2 remake SMA, I don't see what's so great about it. I'll stick to the games i ALREADY HAVE. :p

Remakes are nice, if they are worth it. But a downgraded port from snes to gba isn't worth it. 256x224 nintendo. That's all i fucking ask. Resolution matters people. :p

ZeldaLord
07-24-2002, 04:43 PM
The only change I noticed was the sound...

slothman
07-24-2002, 06:06 PM
If they remade them for the PC it would be even better. I would probably buy a CD or games if it had many older NES or SNES games on it but they could be played on the computer.

The Savior
07-24-2002, 08:37 PM
What'd be cool would be a full 3d envrioment, with 2d interaction, smash bros style.

mikeron
07-24-2002, 08:40 PM
I always figured it would be awesome if they simply took ALttP or Super Metroid and just extended the game on the new higher capacity media.

zables
07-24-2002, 09:26 PM
I'd Buy That For A Buck :)
actually i think it would be cool if they did that, update the graphics and kept the mechanics the same, it would be sweet, cuz then all the new generation of gamers would come to apprecaite how good the old stuff was, cuz now all that they look @ is graphics, like it sucks (not to say that graphics dont count, but im not trying to get into an arguement about this, so dont shoot me) anyways, as i was saying: cuz then they would realize that there was a Zelda before OoT and MJ, cuz i have seen countless kids think that those are the originals, and its saddening... so this way they could see the good ole stuff :D

Dart Zaidyer
07-24-2002, 09:40 PM
You know why Nintendo is remaking all their classic NES and SNES games one at a time on the GBA instead of quite literally all of them on a single GC disc?
Because they make more money that way.
Think about it: The GBA has total rule over the handheld gaming market. Since it's selling so well, why not take previous cash cows from the NES and SNES and give them a few new features, and sell them one game at a time? There's no risk of profit loss since the GBA has no real competition, while the GC has an uphill battle to fight. Plus, one game at a time as opposed to dozens on one disc is just going to get you more money per game.

Just a thought.