PDA

View Full Version : IGN Mario Sunshine Impressions

Warlock
07-24-2002, 12:58 AM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/365/365549p1.html

I don't think this is locked but if it is, lemme know and I'll post it up here.

Not too many spoilers, except maybe in a couple places (I just sort of skipped past those). It sounds like the game is basically Mario 64 on crack.. They said the levels were all much much better than Mario 64 (which is great cuz that was one thing I hated about that game, a lot of the levels sucked), and that the thing is fairly open. I guess the guy was running around the city for like an hour just messing around before he even did one of the missions.. which I think is cool :) They said the graphics had sort of crappy textures, but overall weren't bad. Also I guess the camera could use some work, but that doesn't sound too bad.

The game sounds pretty good in general tho.. they seemed to have at least fixed my main gripes about Mario 64 (except perhaps a lack of Mushrooms/Fire Flowers/Starmen, that really pissed me off)

The Silent Assassin
07-24-2002, 01:05 AM
It's not locked, I read it earlier, forgot to link to it.

I'm drooling over it. This bay area they keep saying is massive...and literally "mile high" cliffs...dude...yet it only takes about 30 hours to beat.

August 26th...I'll be having some Super Fun.

Menokh
07-24-2002, 01:06 AM
this is one of those rare games that I will buy without renting it first.
I hope to get it on the day it comes out, but I'll probably have to wait awhile.

Orion
07-24-2002, 11:41 AM
This reminds me of the days before the N64. Nothing made me happier than getting a new Mario game, and then playing it non-stop. I have a lot of faith that this game will be fun. I haven't pre-ordered a game in a LONG time (not since Zelda: OoT).

Brian
07-24-2002, 11:59 AM
I agree, Orion, nothing is better then a new Mario game. I'll be getting this either the day it comes out or the nearest weekend. It looks like a blast. This is why they should have at least two true Mario games like this on the Cube.

I'm a bit leery about the jet pack, as Mario has always partly been about getting to hard to reach places, but hopefully they will restrict its access.

Cronic
07-24-2002, 12:01 PM
Sigh... I have many many doubts about this one, but Mario is the one series I'm willing to trust them with meaning my copy is already paid for and most likely will be delivered byu the shop owner the day it's released.

The Silent Assassin
07-24-2002, 03:34 PM
I never doubted "first installment" mario titles (Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Land, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Advance, Super Mario Sunshine)

blckscab
07-25-2002, 07:44 PM
I cant wait for it to come out. I want to know what that water thing on mario's back does and the water graphics must be pretty good, since that probebly will be one of the main features of the game