PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker 2000 TEXT help file needed!

quadforce
07-23-2002, 11:32 PM
I am looking for a TEXT version of the RM2k help file. Though I have access to high-speed internet, the computer isn't mine(I have RM2k on it, but rarely use it). I can get the file easily, but have no way to transfer anything to MY laptop(has slow connection) unless it fits on a floppy. I'm waiting for the local PC Parts store to get my External Parallel 100MB Zipdrive, but at the rate theyre going, I may have a better laptop by then(yeah right). Eventually I will download the actual help file, but until then, I need an [editable] text help file so that I can add personal comments and ideas. Anybody can help me?

And yes I know that I can copy from the actual file and save in text document, but I have neither the time nor patience!

AtmaWeapon
07-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Try using WinZip (http://www.winzip.com)'s multiple disk spanning. Just start a new zip file with the help file in it, then tell WinZip you want to save it onto your floppy drive. If/when it runs out of room, it will prompt you to insert another floppy. Make sure you keep up with the order you put them in, to avoid frustration.

You may not have the time or patience for that, though, since it should only take about 10 seconds to copy everything.

1) Open the help file
2) Click on the text, then push CTRL+A
3) Push CTRL+C
4) Open a text editor
5) Push CTRL+V

That's all it takes.

obi
07-24-2002, 08:44 AM
I'm pretty sure RM2K has it's own help file that you get automatically when you install the program, I've used, I know I have....

Dragon Omega
07-25-2002, 02:07 AM
Well, when I downlowded it it came with it...:mischief:

quadforce
07-25-2002, 10:11 AM
I got the Lite version of RPGM2k(3 seperate files). And I went ahead and downloaded the file on my laptop. *sigh*
Consider this thread dead.