PDA

View Full Version : ZC new goal!!

Blankboard
07-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Ive noticed over the months that ZC has slowly drifted away from its primary goal..... To be a complete clone of Z1....... well its not like things have change but more or less that things have been added..... ZC is very close to being a Z3 clone..... but still far off.... but Z3 is so far from Z1 that ZC will no longer be recognizable so my proposition is to change ZCs goal....... to add on yet keep it in the boundries of Z1ness....... make ZC a 16-bit Zelda clone...... a clone of Z1, LA, and even a little of the oracle games..... this way people will still be able to express their quests in multiple ways.... yet still be using the same Zelda clone we all know and love.....

Blonde799
07-23-2002, 07:15 PM
ZC is still a Z1 clone, just with more options. Compared with all the new items and such, most people don't want to make Z1 clones anymore, and I don't blame them.:D

Blankboard
07-23-2002, 09:13 PM
Yes but people are tryimg to create a Z3 clone out of what was origianally a Z1 clone...... and the only other games like that are LA, OoS, & OoA...... so all im really sying is chill out with the Z3 ideas and focus on the much easier prize..... which is GB zeldas.... all are made with 16x16 tiles and probably(I dont know much about programming) an easier code to implement into ZC......

Whereas Z3 is 32x32 tiles and alot harder code to convert...... AND Z3,OoT, and MM ideas might only work if you stick to item idea... i.e.Lens of Truth,Hookshot, and the upcoming Din's Fire(Looking forward to that!!!)

And the name Zelda Classic... it should be Zelda Classic Advance... sounds like a GBA game but hey... it isnt "THE CLASSIC" anymore.....

Blonde799
07-23-2002, 09:27 PM
So far as I know, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are all classic, and newfirst is well, newfirst. I agree on the fact that there shouldn't be Z3 clones out a Z1 engine, do to the fact that there is only 4 way movement......but can you blame them?

Also, IMHO I think Z3 ideas are easier to implement, while Z4+ features are more advanced, and take more time to develop, and this ZC release is taking long enough having simple things put in.

All in all, I say just deal with the Z3 focus. It's better than no focus at all.:darkmage:

imported_Cool_Link
07-23-2002, 10:22 PM
I like the way ZC is going. ;) But I would LOVE more gameboy Zelda stuff. :drool:

The Silent Assassin
07-23-2002, 11:04 PM
Zelda 3 clones are impossible on ZC without scripting.

You see "tilesets" based on ALttP, but every quest at heart is still Zelda 1. No debate.

As for everything trying to be a Zelda 3 clone...my newest quest project is a complete remake of the 1st quest (as in...new graphics, new design of areas...looks more like a GB Zelda than Zelda 1).

vegeta1215
07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Blankboard
Ive noticed over the months that ZC has slowly drifted away from its primary goal..... To be a complete clone of Z1....... well its not like things have change but more or less that things have been added..... ZC is very close to being a Z3 clone..... but still far off.... but Z3 is so far from Z1 that ZC will no longer be recognizable so my proposition is to change ZCs goal....... to add on yet keep it in the boundries of Z1ness.......

omg, finally, someone else agrees with what I've been saying!!! :D

As I've said in many other posts, I like alot of the new features, but it is detering away from the original LoZ style and becoming more like ALttP. I'd still like to see some kind of enemy editor that at least lets you choose which C-set the enemies use and their strength and defense. I think that would make it closer to the original and easier to customize.

I must say though, DN's new line of enemies, esp the new Wizzrobes and Gleeok 2, are pure evil...and I love them :)

Blankboard
07-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Yea DNs new enemies are pretty awesome.... but on the enemy editor note... All I really need is it to be set up like the sprite tile select screen..... ya know like the moblin-H&V movement, tile, animation, etc...... that way you could toatally revamp an enemy... the same should be done with Link and his Tunics.... It would be alot but it would probably solve the enemy issue forever....

And the GB Zelda stuff..... the only thing that really seperates Z1 from GB Zelda is scripting.... and that is the only thing(99.9% sure)whereas Z3 theres scripting & resolution.....

Cyclone
07-24-2002, 01:22 AM
All right. Some things made seem Z3ish, but we will most likely not see this turn into Z3. This is a Z1 engine, and will stay as a Z1 engine. People are just doing some amazing stuff with it.

I do agree that a title like Zelda Advance might be good, but is it worth changing the name, just because of some neat stuff?

Cyclone

MottZilla
07-24-2002, 04:57 AM
You realize the goal of ZC was met along long time ago. It was a perfect clone of Zelda way back. People just want more features for their custom quests. Next, ZC will never be a Z3 clone because the handling for hm... everything! is different. Next, the Gameboy zelda use a lower resolution, thus smaller screens, so no again, you can't really do that because the map format would have to be altered for it to work correctly then you still need talking people and such. Just be happy with what ZC is now. Really all that needs to be done is bug fixes, ports to other platforms, maybe a "few" more features. It's already pretty "featured" enough.

Blankboard
07-24-2002, 11:03 AM
Yes... I know the goal has been reached long ago...... thats what gave me the idea to try for something different..... hey sorry if I pissed off the hardcore fans who dont really want to change anything but..... ya know......

vegeta1215
07-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Blankboard
Yea DNs new enemies are pretty awesome.... but on the enemy editor note... All I really need is it to be set up like the sprite tile select screen..... ya know like the moblin-H&V movement, tile, animation, etc...... that way you could toatally revamp an enemy... the same should be done with Link and his Tunics.... It would be alot but it would probably solve the enemy issue forever....

That's pretty much the only thing that I'd like to see implemented, that and customizable guys, where you pick a name and tile to use and add them to a list similar to the way you add new strings. (yes, I know you can use the no fire guy rule and do it that way too).

Otherwise, Mottzilla is right, it's pretty much reached its goal as a complete Zelda clone. I think what I meant to say before was that I would just like to see more classic stlye quests instead of quests with ALttP, LA, and Oracle tiles.