PDA

View Full Version : Third quest cheat please?

mooshki
07-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Where do you find the Stepladder in the official third quest? I assume it's in level 6, but I'm stumped.

Thanks!

ShadowTiger
07-23-2002, 04:14 PM
I honestly think that a level 1 cheat code should always be enabled and available in all 3 quests, just in case some desperate soul was never actually able to defeat the first or second quests. Level 6 is what keeps doing me in. How can they live with themselves for putting in bubbles, likelikes, and wizrobes in the same screen.

Nick
07-23-2002, 04:27 PM
The 3rd quest was made by Alphadawg, so he get's to determain whatever for the 3rd.qst. There are example versions of the 1st and 2nd quests available with 1.90 you can add cheats into.

Samson007
07-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Shouldn't this be in quest announcement/discussion.

i just love pointing these things out. :laughing:

Nick
07-24-2002, 10:45 PM
You can talk about the official quests in ZC Discussion. :sweat:

K-Teclis
07-25-2002, 06:45 AM
Nick is right...
is there a cheat for 3rd quest anyway?

EWild
07-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Probably, but I bet no one knows it, cept' Alphadawg. Man that game is hard.

ZeldaLord
07-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Nick
The 3rd quest was made by Alphadawg, so he get's to determain whatever for the 3rd.qst. There are example versions of the 1st and 2nd quests available with 1.90 you can add cheats into.

Why isn't there an example 3rd.qst out yet?

Nick
07-25-2002, 12:51 PM
As I said in that quote you made, that is also up to Alphadawg. Asking for this in 3rd quest is like asking someone else "can I have an unpassworded version of your quest please".

Also, the example quests are mainly for seeing how to use the classic tiles and make a quest with them.

vegeta1215
07-25-2002, 06:06 PM
His website has the location of all the items and levels.

As for cheats on any of the first 3 quests...it's not gonna happen. Most people can beat the 1st quest. The 2nd is tougher, and the 3rd is even harder. They're supposed to be like that though. Cheats would take away all the challenge.

UPDATE: I can't seen to connect to AlphaDawg's website (which is linked in his profile. I'm sure he'll tell you once he sees this thread.

AlphaDawg
07-26-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
UPDATE: I can't seen to connect to AlphaDawg's website (which is linked in his profile. I'm sure he'll tell you once he sees this thread. Yeah, the site will likely be down for at least the next few days. I've finally given up fighting with Yahoo to get them to release alphadawgonline.com, so hopefully within the next few days I'll be able to re-launch the site under the new name of CasaDeAlphaDawg.com. (And who knows, maybe it'll inspire me to update the site a little...)

Slightly related note: Even though it's been over a year since my graduation, my old Penn State site (http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/r/m/rmg157) is still up. How weird is that? (Unfortunately, I no longer have FTP access to the server, so much like I thought I don't have good, free hosting anymore.)

EDIT: By the way, there's no Official Third Quest cheat. Yet...

K-Teclis
07-26-2002, 05:47 AM
.. then I won't beat it ... :(

Qun Mang
07-26-2002, 06:04 PM
I won't beat it either, but that's for an entirely different reason than you. That reason being that I can't even play it. I brought up a bug a while ago about beating the first quest then getting an error loading the second quest. I then used the "ZELDA" cheat to play it and then I got an error with the third quest. Obviously, from these discussions I gather that not everyone has encountered this bug (has ANYone else encountered it?).

AlphaDawg: I noticed a 3rd quest in the quest database. Does this version (in b163) differ significantly? Should I even bother with it at all?

Well, there are too many other quests to play anyway. I can put this one off for awhile. Thanks all of you quest makers.

:D :drool: :blah: :) :kawaii: :p :highfive:

4matsy
07-26-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Qun Mang
I brought up a bug a while ago about beating the first quest then getting an error loading the second quest. I then used the "ZELDA" cheat to play it and then I got an error with the third quest.

Hmmm...so whatever quest you play first, the next one messes up?

I have an idea. Much like ZELDA skips you to the second quest, ALPHA will immediately take you to the third. Try entering that as your name; I figure that it should work then, since you'll be playing the third quest first.

vegeta1215
07-26-2002, 08:03 PM
Once I get enough time to do so, I'm gonna tackle AlphaDawg's Official 3rd quest. I survived his Unofficial 3rd Quest, so I think I can take on the official one. ;)

btw, I thought that was really neat how DN made it so you can type ALPHA to access AlphaDawg's quest. Also, Link has two swords in his hands for the quest icon :)

Qun Mang
07-27-2002, 10:21 PM
I was hoping there would be a cheat like that :D. I just wish I knew what was up with the errors after finishing a quest. Well, now it doesn't matter. Thanks Hypercrash. Yeah, I saw the icon with the two swords after finishing the second quest (before you ask, the save file recognized my finishing the quest, it just wouldn't load the next quest- it kept saying my saved game didn't match the quest file). Now if only Link could actually *use* two swords... :laughing:

4matsy
07-28-2002, 12:31 AM
No problem, glad to be of help. :)

I still have a save file from Official 3rd that I quit working on after about level 2; never actually finished the quest. :D I think tomorrow I'm gonna zap that save, sit down, and play all the way through it from the beginning.

If I feel better by then. Stupid cold... :P