PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo should check out what Hudson did...

Fiyerstorm
07-23-2002, 01:25 AM
Yesterday night I rented Bomberman Generation. It's kinda boring to me but one thing I notcied made it special....the way to see the game...it is a slighty angled overhead view...as seen in this pic.....
http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/bombermangeneration/bomberfran2.jpg

Now, my thing is..Nintendo should use this kind of view for a Zelda game....it's low polygonal so it can be a long game, it's still 3-D, and the camera angle is fully movable (as in you can rotate the top view 360 degress L or R).

Now picture this...a this type of view...still using some of the Z64 game engine...like when you use your bow and arrow, it can do the first person view thing. I already experienced how it would be for Link to set a bomb...duh, cause the game is Bomberman.

Take a look at this video: BG video! (http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video/bombermangcgen5.mov)

That shows the camera moving thing. Also, look at the status...just make the hearts smaller and scoot them all the way to the left, add magic meter under, take out the bottom stuff and add the Zelda button icons. Make it kinda see-through for it won't get too much in the way of playing (but make it fully visible when you press Pause or stand still)...now wouldn' that be a great Zelda game? Satisfying the people who like the classic stlye and the ones who like the new style...personally, I'd think it would work well.

Daarkseid
07-23-2002, 02:27 AM
Yeah, I kinda wish Nintendo would make the new Zelda game in this view. If theres one thing that pissed me off most about Ocarina of Time, it was wrestling with the camera.

Fiyerstorm
07-23-2002, 08:34 AM
Oh yes...and you can still use Z or whatever button-Targeting.

Rijuhn
07-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Did you know that every site says that Bomberman Generations is Cel-Shaded? I was like, NO WTF ARE THEY DOING? But if you look at it you find out that the only thing that is cel-shaded is Bomberman (gay). It makes him stand out with his black outline and all that shit, he looks like a coloring book walking in a crappy textured world.

Cronic
07-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
Did you know that every site says that Bomberman Generations is Cel-Shaded? I was like, NO WTF ARE THEY DOING? But if you look at it you find out that the only thing that is cel-shaded is Bomberman (gay). It makes him stand out with his black outline and all that shit, he looks like a coloring book walking in a crappy textured world.

I think animating a character against a 3d backing like that is horribly tacky.

Fiyerstorm
07-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Did I say to make it stay cel-shaded? NO. I said no paticular graphic style...I was only describing the gameplay and camera thank you v much. What I had in mind though, as the game to be in a realistic look so bleh!

Rijuhn
07-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by SlasherCGE
Did I say to make it stay cel-shaded? NO. I said no paticular graphic style...I was only describing the gameplay and camera thank you v much. What I had in mind though, as the game to be in a realistic look so bleh!

I wasn't trying to insult you. I was merely telling everyone about the graphics, and if you read into my above post you'd see that I was commenting how BG isn't don't properly with only HIM being cel-shaded. I was actually saying how if you're going to cel-shade something, that you should make the whole game fit together well (I'm trying to say that Zelda GCN did cel-shading the right way.)

AlexMax
07-23-2002, 12:01 PM
There is not a g** damned thing wrong with cell shading. Cell shading can be every bit as visually intense as a 'realistic' model, and can actually give the game some style.

I know I love JGR, but take a look at that game. Even though it may not be your taste, it had style oozing out of its edges in spite of being cell shaded...actually the cell shading gave it even more style than some 'realistic' model would have.

Chris
07-23-2002, 01:15 PM
I was gonna post the same thing as Rijuhn way earlier when I looked at this .. glad I didnt dont want people getting all pissed at me lol :laughing:

Fiyerstorm
07-23-2002, 01:28 PM
No one is pissed at no one Chris....

It was a misinterpretation of a message. That what sux about typing...you say things ow you really mean them so the reciever may read it the wrong way. (Sry Rijuhn!)

EWild
07-23-2002, 01:33 PM
I like Cel-Shading also. But a new camera angle would be new and orignal. Something LoZ GC needs... badly. But personnaly I didn't find the camera angles that hard to use, but that may be just me, hmmm.....

vegeta1215
07-23-2002, 11:42 PM
Dude, if they made a Zelda for GCN with a similar look as that Bomberman pic, that would be so awesome. It would look alot like the original Zelda, and that would be so sweet. I'mm all for it :)

Orion
07-24-2002, 11:43 AM
On the topic of "Z-targeting," if there were a Zelda game in this sort of view, there would be no need for it. The older Zelda games in this style were just fine without it.

Rijuhn
07-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SlasherCGE
No one is pissed at no one Chris....

It was a misinterpretation of a message. That what sux about typing...you say things ow you really mean them so the reciever may read it the wrong way. (Sry Rijuhn!)

I knew you misunderstood me because your anger reply made no sense to me, hehe. I'm not mad at anyone, I was just saying how Bomberman Generation isn't how I'd like to see cel-shaded use, but Zelda GCN is.