PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

RPGAngel
07-22-2002, 10:04 PM
I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with.

1. I am having troublw with the talking sign thing. I have the pit combo warp thing, the second identical screen and the string. It works fine when I test it except for one thing. Link warps just fine, but no words appear. How do I make them appear?

2. How do you import/grab tiles/graphics? I've gotten some nice tiles and graphics packs, also spritesheets, but can't get them to do anything. When I try to grab the tiles, All I can see is a bunch of gobbledigook mixed up colors mess, or sometimes thy won't load at all. And some of the graphics packs won't import either. This is in all versions of ZQuest. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. A lot of the tiles/graphics packs/spritesheets I got from the Tileshop(both sites). Is there something I need to do with them after downloading them?

3. How do you do the stairs in the wall, like in Revenge 2? They are like waling into a passage, but are stairs. I've tried, but can't figure it out. I tried putting a wall stair in the same place on the template room as in R2 and putting them on top of the passages in the room. I would love to use them because they are so neat looking. Much better than plain old floor stairs.

4. I'm trying the custom take anyone you want room, but can't get the person, words or special item to appear. How do I do that? I followed the directions, but nothing happens.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks

:confuse2:

zora man
07-22-2002, 10:14 PM
1.?
2.The pictures have to be a bitmap and 16 bit.
2.It's a bug
3.make the door a cave type tile like this wcw w=wall C=cave
4.make sure there is a guy,room type,string.
Hope this helps some.

JayeM
07-22-2002, 11:16 PM
1. On the identical screen, put the words where you want them. This means making tiles of the larger, readable sign.
2. I find it easier to grab GIF images.

Praethus
07-22-2002, 11:26 PM
On the sign did you set a guy type on the screen with the text?

Cloral
07-23-2002, 04:13 AM
1. Make sure the destination screen is on a dmap with a level number greater than 0.

RPGAngel
07-23-2002, 11:36 PM
Thanks! I've got 1 and 4 now. But still need help on 2 and 3.

Edit: I got 2 now also! I got to thinking and tried the door combos in 163, putting the wall stairs as the passage doorway. And it worked! I also designated them as caves. What I do is, in the room I want the stairs in, I pick the door combo with them in it. I'm so glad I figured it out. Now, with them, the custom choose rooms, and the extra talking, I can finally do some neat stuff with my quest. I'm still not too good yet though. There are a lot of neat effects and things I would like to do but don't know how to yet. Hopefully I will learn though. Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.:)