PDA

View Full Version : Day Dreamer

Fade to Black
07-22-2002, 12:33 AM
I frequently find myself day dreaming about journying across a fantasy/medieval world...kind of like the game Morrowind...but I've been dreaming about this kind of thing for years, going on a journy and killing monsters and shit with a sword while baring shiney silvery armor. Watching movies like Lord of the Rings or Willow really fuel that dream, along with Morrowind.

So does anyone else have some kind of wild unattainable dream?

3-Headed Monkey
07-22-2002, 12:38 AM
This'll sound weird, but it's pretty true

Going back in time and assassinating Karl Marx. I'm sure I'll get flamed by Marxists for this. Oh well.

Menokh
07-22-2002, 12:38 AM
I've been doing something similar since 1st grade.
It started out as a high tech civalization hiding on Earth(unknown to us); but as the years went on and my interest in Sci-Fi and science and astronomy increased I added in a Galactic Empire of sorts and had the earthers discover it. I really would have to type for a long time to explain this sci-fi universe of mine, and it's not worth it. But I have envisioned it in great detail, even how their government functions, and they've had the same dynasty of Emperors for nearly 10,000 years.

I plan on writing stories about it and selling them to Sci-Fi magazines and perhaps publishing some collections and novels someday.

Drunken Tiger
07-22-2002, 03:18 AM
I dont dream much.. The only thing i dream about is sex and action... i dunno why??:shrug:

I guess i watch to much tv.....

Rijuhn
07-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I dream exactly like that and wish it to be true, but so I can still have to option to go home at night. It's far off, and a bit crazy when you really think about it, but it sounds like fun for a change of pace.

Tygore
07-22-2002, 11:40 PM
My dream... write, create, produce, and star in a Chrono Trigger Movie. If I made it soon, I'd make myself Crono. If not, maybe Glenn, or Magus. Or Robo- that'd be fun.

Originally posted by 3-Headed Monkey
This'll sound weird, but it's pretty true

Going back in time and assassinating Karl Marx. I'm sure I'll get flamed by Marxists for this. Oh well.

Out of curiosity- what would you do that report we did on? Since Marx never was...

The Silent Assassin
07-23-2002, 12:03 AM
I wish I was an epic hero like Link...but more involved in a quest a-la Final Fantasy.