PDA

View Full Version : Mario Sunshine vids galore: Youre all welcome

Cronic
07-21-2002, 08:42 PM
http://pub111.ezboard.com/fgamingageforumsfrm17.showMessage?topicID=9970.top ic

I don't like the way he moves... seems to heavy compared to the last, but it's looking much better than that silly little town they previewed at first.

AlexMax
07-22-2002, 12:49 AM
Yes...he does seem a tad heavy. But this game looks even sweeter the more I watch it

Glad to hear your opinion has swayed at least somewhat, DC...

I find it equally humerous that they put "SHINE GET" at the end of every single level...lol

Cronic
07-22-2002, 01:29 AM
Yeah... the idea of cleaning everything looks boring, and I see no sign of the bad ass triple jump I loved so very much... hopefully the water cannon does come off at some point.

Also the enemies are still very boring looking to me.

The Savior
07-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Perhaps the heaviness is related to the water cannon, meaning he would get lighter as you used more water.

AlexMax
07-22-2002, 11:47 AM
I don't beleive the water cannon can come off. But it just looks like a cool mechanic of the game that they decided to add. I mean, you couldn't shoot enemies from afar in Mario 64, nor ride Yoshi, or have the added game mechanic of the bouncy rubber bands, now you can, but perhaps you sacrifice the right to use caps and triple jump.

It a give or take thing really. I mean, look at SMW, it was actually easier than SMB 3 after completing the switch palices and it did away with almost all of the cool power-ups of SMB3, but what it replaced them with (Spin Jump, Yoshi, Caped Mario) made up for it.

ZeldaLord
07-22-2002, 11:51 AM
And anyway, who says shooting water is the only thing it can do? :D

ShyGuy0824
07-22-2002, 03:22 PM
There's triple-jumping in the game...
The pack doesn't come off...
Bad-@ss enemies? I've seen one boss video, that looked okay (mirror boss thing), but I don't know...

Also, they're including classic elements too, like crawling on the fences...

Personally, I think that the game will be okay.

ZeldaLord
07-22-2002, 03:44 PM
It might come off. We've only seen the start of the game so far.

KingArthur
07-22-2002, 03:59 PM
The pack does come off... There is a platform jumping sequence in every level where Water Mario steals your water cannon and you have to do the whole thing without being able to do the hover and such. And yest, you can still triple jump.

Brian
07-23-2002, 11:56 AM
I think the game looks great, and I am pleased with the videos. It looks like they're keeping true to Mario 64, but imroving it as well. It definatly doesn't seem like those Miyamoto Shrine people said, that it is to Mario 64 like Mario 64 was to Mario 3. I have little respect for those people now, as they definatly seem like biased Nintendo fanboys.

AlexMax
07-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by KingArthur
The pack does come off... There is a platform jumping sequence in every level where Water Mario steals your water cannon and you have to do the whole thing without being able to do the hover and such. And yest, you can still triple jump.

Oh yeah...in order to keep l4m3rs from hovering through the whole platform jumping stage. I remember reading about that but somehow it just didn't click for some reason...