PDA

View Full Version : A "new" quest, and how/if I will be releasing anymore quests.

MagmaLord
07-21-2002, 07:41 PM
A few months back I had a contest to let a couple of people see the new stuff from a previous beta with a quest that I had made. If you go to my Yahoo! group you can get it, it is called MoblinLand.qst.

I have decided that the frequency of my quests being released will depend on the number of members in my Yahoo! group. The more members the more likely I am to release another quest. So unless my group gets members I won't be putting out anymore quests.

Jigglysaint
07-21-2002, 07:49 PM
Where the heck did you come from? Long time no see!

EWild
07-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Who cares. Release the quests! Welcome back.

Cyclone
07-21-2002, 08:35 PM
As for the group quest...I know what you told me, but release the damn thing. I finished Level 8 a HELL of a long time ago, and don't wanna wait for the finished product. :tongue:

Cyclone

MagmaLord
07-21-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
As for the group quest...I know what you told me, but release the damn thing. I finished Level 8 a HELL of a long time ago, and don't wanna wait for the finished product. :tongue:

Cyclone

Look, just go to my group and check out the quests. Oh, and I added one more COMPLETED quest. ;) Yes it is what you think it is!

Oh, and on a sidenote this announcement should score me a custom title or something. ;)

Cyclone
07-21-2002, 09:14 PM
You don't have a custom title yet? My goodness...I thought custom titles only have a 90-day membership limit, or something...

BTW, seems I misread the topic. Either that or it was edited. Silly me.

Cyclone

Eric920
07-21-2002, 11:14 PM
lol Cyclone he did edit it :laughing:

Anyway, Im going to go into the grupos now to try it out. And your other "Completed" quest i'll try out.:D

The custom titles dont need an easy $33 payment do they? :tongue:

Cyclone
07-21-2002, 11:54 PM
As I e-mailed back to everyone in your e-mail, ML, your attachment to us didn't work. As in, you forgot it.

Cyclone

K-Teclis
07-22-2002, 07:14 AM
So I have to join your group Magma?

fajz
07-22-2002, 08:08 AM
How can I join when I can't get in? FZ

K-Teclis
07-22-2002, 08:14 AM
Why should i join your group?

fajz
07-22-2002, 08:17 AM
OOPS Sorry

MagmaLord
07-22-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by K-Teclis
Why should i join your group?

Oh, jeeze, I don't know. :rolleyes: Try reading the second part of the first post in this thread.

Qun Mang
07-22-2002, 02:26 PM
There, I joined (though apparently it's not required to download the quests?). I'm not a questmaker though so I don't know what I can contribute. I just play them. :drool:

Qun Mang
07-23-2002, 01:15 AM
I just loaded up Pendant of Power and encountered a couple things off the bat. First off it looks incredible! :eek: Great work guys! After that I decided to try the quest.:D Only problem- I couldn't move! I did a quit 'n' save and went to another quest to make sure the problem wasn't my controller, and sure enuf, it worked in other quests. I went back, loaded the quest, and it worked this time. I went into the cave, got the sword, and went back out and COULDN'T MOVE AGAIN! I believe the problem occurs when that title text is put on the screen. When I first started and when I exited the cave, the text came up. When doing a quit/save or quit/continue the text doesn't show up again and I can move. The last thing I noticed right away was that the enemies' animation were corrupted. They would flicker between enemy and garbage. Bad tileset?

Maybe it just doesn't work right on the latest beta (Windows version)? Which version was it written for?

Cyclone
07-23-2002, 02:59 AM
Beta 163 does that. It sucks, doesn't it?

I told DN to fix that. I'm waiting.

Cyclone

MagmaLord
07-23-2002, 10:46 AM
I fixed a bug with the enemies, and unfortunately at the beginning you freeze.
To solve your freezing problem:
1. do a quick save
2. continue the quest
3. get your sword out of the cave
4. exit and do 1. and 2. again
That will fix the problem.

So go redownload the Pendant of Power quest.

Qun Mang
07-23-2002, 07:13 PM
The monsters look good now, thanks.

4matsy
07-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Good to see the group quest finally getting released. Thanks, MagmaLord. :)

I found some more bugs, though. :D

There are also a couple of SPOILERS here for those who haven't played the quest yet, and I didn't feel like typing all of this backwards, so I'll just put some space here...

That red clump of burnable stuff in the ice cave...I put it there on purpose. It's supposed to be next to the ladder; you're not supposed to be able to burn it with the candle. ;)
And besides, when you moved it, you put a fully walkable tile on the floor, allowing the player to walk into the air at that point... -_-

Darknut's "broken shield" tiles are messed up.

Some of the water in the forest near level 7 (the vertical thin streams) is walkable.

I can't get past level 7, because after the long raft ride, the stairs that take you back up to the first floor throw you directly into the south wall, and there's no way out.

On the screen at the beginning with the "buy" message made of water, if you use the ladder to walk into the water and off the left side of the screen, you get stuck.

"Pendant" only has one E. ;)

Not really a bug, but the red ring just looks strange sitting directly in the path at the end of level 6, with no way to avoid getting it. o_O
May I suggest hiding it in that room? Maybe whistling out some stairs, or having a hammer-breakable (but you can't tell the difference unless you use the lens ;)) section of the side wall that reveals some stairs?