PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Linux..? Yep...

AlexMax
07-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Check this out...

http://www.mslinux.org/

Microsoft Linux...heh...

Beldaran
07-21-2002, 01:24 PM
Wow, another website made by incompetent losers.

AlexMax
07-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Actually, that is a different site than the one you were probably mistaking it for...

You were probably thinking of www.microsoft.com . The other site was just a parody.

obi
07-21-2002, 03:13 PM
One acronym - rotflmao:laughing:

MS Linux Faces Competition
Microsoft has hired lawyers to attack it's own product line in an attempt to confuse the DOJ. This stunning new tactic shows great promise according to several Harvard Law professors, although many expressed confusion when questioned about the long term effects of this campaign.

I can't say more than that.
:lmao:

Selah
07-21-2002, 03:22 PM
oh shit. This could be intresting. and what ease of using microsoft? its not easy.

Menokh
07-21-2002, 03:27 PM
I've seen this before.

Great parady.
But it brings something to mind. What if MS actually does take an interest in Linux? Two things could happen; 1) they support it fully and Linux wins the Desktop wars through Ms's own actions(not likely seeeing as MS loves proprietary everything); or 2) MS makes a shitty and unstable version of Linux much like Lindows but worse, and people buy it since MS made it and find out it sucks and the public will have the opinion the Linux sucks. Well there is a third thing that could happen: Ms makes it and people think 'Ms supports Linux, it must be good' and they try it and even if it sucks they would then try a different distro and it would backfire in MS's face.

me2
07-21-2002, 03:46 PM
They did. http://dgames.gamegrounds.com/forums/thread.php?threadid=2&boardid=3&styleid=3

vegeta1215
07-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Whew, you scared me there for a second AlexMax.

In reply to Menohk: I thought about that too. I mean, legally, MS could make their own version of Linux if they wanted. Too bad they'd have to distribute it freely, which is why they'd never really do it, not as much money in it for them as world domination.

goKi
07-21-2002, 09:06 PM
lmao, very nice :)
it sucks that they didnt take the time to construct the site properly, and decided to link everything to the microsoft site.

Fatty Lumpkin
07-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Ok, that freaked me out until I saw

Microsoft Invades Cuba
Microsoft's plan to invade cuba and overthrow the government has succeeded. One Microsoft official said "It's a win-win situation. The US Government is happy and shuts up the DOJ while Microsoft institutes a monopoly within Cuba for everything from computer software to toilet paper. One more step closer to world domination. Heck, we could feed a whole development department for the cost of one developer's salary in the US. They may not know how to create an Operating System very well, but neither do our US developers."

lol!