PDA

View Full Version : This is ironic...

inori
07-21-2002, 06:29 AM
I was poking around some software engineering job listings, just for curiosity, and I came up with this...

[company name deleted] is the leader in Integrated Litigation Support Software. Our clients include some of the largest law firms, corporations and governmental departments in the country (e.g., we are used by the DOJ in its antitrust suit against Microsoft).

Our award-winning product, [product name deleted] is written in Microsoft Visual C++, runs on Windows platforms...

So they're using Microsoft products to help the Department of Justice advance its lawsuit against Microsoft... :lmao:

Hermit
07-21-2002, 09:47 AM
You're comparing apples to oranges. The suit against Microsoft isn't a software/program or how they function. It's more how Microsoft distributes them. It does look kinda funny, but they aren't the same thing.

Looks more like an ultimate compliment to Microsoft.

I haven't really kept up on the suit though, it got old fast to me.

AlexMax
07-21-2002, 11:40 AM
Microsoft might have booby trapped them though...

Probably not, but still... lol ^_^

MottZilla
07-21-2002, 03:46 PM
The FBI apparently uses laptops with windows on them. I think that wouldn't be so bad if they used WinXP. Because it's rather stable and "secure". But likely they don't. Anyways, windows could be so much better. :p