PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the weezer enlightenment tour..

PrfectGREG
07-21-2002, 01:39 AM
Just got back from the weezer enlightenment tour..

WOW Weezer is amazing!

They put on such a great show and sounded amazing! They played alot of old stuff from Pinkerton and Blue, it was so great.

And Dashboard was also great, he was like "this songs on the radio dont hold it agansit us" when he sand Screaming Infedalitites...

But yeah it was great, and I even got an aoutographed Green Album!!

I went to the Hartford CT show... anyone else see it?

Beldaran
07-21-2002, 01:57 AM
Never been to Weezer concert, but I think they rock!

Cloral
07-21-2002, 02:24 AM
It's good to hear they're playing lots of old stuff on tour. Blue Album is so much better than Maladroit. I hope they spend a little more time on their next album than they did on Maladroit - don't many of the songs on it sound unfinished/unpolished?

PrfectGREG
07-21-2002, 12:58 PM
IMO Maladroit is really good, alot of the songs have great beats and lyrics, and sounds alot like Pinkerton.

My fav albums go:

Pinkerton
Maladroit
Blue
Green

(I like them all alot and there isnt a song I hate but green could have been a lil better)

but yeah they played so many songs from blue and pinkerton, more old then new.

vegeta1215
07-21-2002, 08:54 PM
I saw them right before the Green Album came out, and they played almost everything from the Blue Album and Pinkerton, and a few from the Green one (which no one knew at the time). It was the best concert I'd ever been too.

Wow, they played songs from Pinkerton at a recent concert? I saw some of their song lists for shows and they had mostly new ones on it. It sounded like Rivers was pissed about the Green Album backlash and such (and he expressed his dislike for Pinkerton many times). Maybe Rivers is wising up, and will give the fans what they want, another album chock full of emotion like Pinkerton! (btw, I'm listening to it now :))

PrfectGREG
07-22-2002, 09:01 AM
lets see some stuff he played from Pinkerton:

Why Bother
Tired of Sex
Butterfly
No Other One

and I think 1 more...

I was so glad they played holiday (my fav =w= song)

vegeta1215
07-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Oh god, I love Holiday! That part at the end after the slow part where he's like, "Let's go away for a while, you and I, to a strange and distant land, where they speak no word of truth, but we don't understand anywaaaaay.", his voice, right there, is the reason Rivers is a god: his singing is truely amazing. That's why I like Pinkerton so much, the superb vocals (and raw sound). Falling for you and Why Bother are prime examples of this.

Weezer rocks! =rwa=