PDA

View Full Version : Game Pad Not Working... Version 1.90

Coder
07-21-2002, 01:31 AM
I checked all the threads in all the forums and found a thread related to this problem. It seems your gamepad has to be DOS compatible. I have a Garvis Destroyer (Yes, I blew all of $4.00 on it!) and it works fine in windows but when ZC loads up or when I run the agconfig.exe program it will not see the pad.

I have the gamepad plugged into mny SB Live card.

So, any suggestions as to how to get this to work?
or... can anyone suggest a gamepad that is known to work with ZC?

I appreciate any responses.

Blankboard
07-21-2002, 10:29 AM
Well Im not sure about the DOS version but the windows version the Gravis Gamepad Pro works....... but one problem you cant use the keyboard at all..... and you need that to enter a name on the ZC select-a-quest

Qun Mang
07-21-2002, 05:09 PM
I have a Gamepad Pro and it and the keyboard both work fine on the current release (Win version). The gamepad didn't work on the last one though (first Windows release). I have not tested the DOS versions, and am not likely to since I use Win 2000.

Coder
07-22-2002, 11:23 PM
So is there a windows version of ZeldaClassic and a DOS version?

...or did you mean the windows version of the Gamepad Pro?

Sorry, I an just a little cornfused. :odd:

VEL
07-22-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Coder
So is there a windows version of ZeldaClassic and a DOS version?

Yes, there are 2 versions of ZC (windows, and DOS).
Both can be found here. http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58084

Coder
07-23-2002, 05:02 PM
Well, The windows version of ZC grenades when run... I am on XP so that is probably the problem.

I have found that the Gravis Gamepad Pro (non-USB and USB models) will support DOS games because they come with a DOS driver. The Greavis Destroyer that replaced the Pro does not support DOS games.

I am going out on a search today to see if I can find a local computer store that may still have the Pro in stick.

Thank you very much for the responses.

In case anyone is interested, I will post my results here for historical reference. :heart: