PDA

View Full Version : Help w\ Layers!!!!

Naomi
07-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Can someone PLEEEEEEEEASE help me with the rain and snow from the Mystic Land tiles??? I need a STEP BY STEP walkthrough.
I tried the help, but I keep drawing the rain on the 1st layer (at least i think.) Can someone give me a STEP BY STEP walkthrough?? I could really use your help :cry:

Cyclone
07-20-2002, 11:12 PM
Oops, I was going to move the topic, and forgot which forum I was in. Blah...

And if you're drawing on the wrong layer, try another layer. That's by best suggestion. :shrug: Now, if only I could remember what layer was placed over everything...

Cyclone

Praethus
07-20-2002, 11:26 PM
6 is over everything. It is best for rain and snow.

Naomi
07-20-2002, 11:57 PM
well... I thought i was doing everything right, but...
I used the menu at the bottom and went to layers, I clicked on the radio button for Layer 6 and drew, but it was drawing on Layer 1!! I just need a step-by-step.

Cyclone
07-21-2002, 12:06 AM
Oh. You need to create a separate screen on a separate map, don't you?

Dunno, as I haven't really used layers, but have seen them in use in a quest. I think one map was set aside for layer screens; thus, if one entire map used a layer, all screens had a link to the same exact screen as an overhead layer.

Cyclone

Naomi
07-21-2002, 12:07 AM
I tried that too. Prince, if you can read this, REPLY!!!!
AAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Kratheous
07-21-2002, 12:21 AM
The last I used layers, you had to set up a screen on another map, then link to it under Data -> Layers. Set the map number, and screen number... of course, there's been more stuff since I used them last, so I don't know what the other stuff does. And make sure you set it up to be the one for layer 6. Then, just switch to Layer 6 editing, and draw. It will SEEM as though you're drawing over the old screen... but if you have ANY transparency in a tile you'll place, you'll see what's beneath it.

Naomi
07-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Can someone take the Mystic Land grafix pack, make a grassy screen with transparent rain, and mail me the .map file??

I know that's a lot to ask, but I have tried EVERYTHING i know, and I've been working on it for almost an hour and a half now..
Thanks!

Cyclone
07-21-2002, 12:24 AM
Hmm. It's not PrinceMSC, but will it do? I didn't realize there was a menu option that you have to utilize...explains how much actual questbuilding I've done lately. :)

Naomi, give it another try, before giving up. You have an answer here. :D

Cyclone

Naomi
07-21-2002, 12:27 AM
Well, if you do this for me, I might have a gift for you. Just email me with your first and last name (you don't HAVE to but I do have something for you if you do.) Thanks again.

Zelda_Warrior
07-23-2002, 08:05 PM
Naomi,I sent you a step by step guide but I didnt get anything.Please check your E-Mail.Or is there no gift?Did you not get one because the Cc was to me?:sly:.

Naomi
07-23-2002, 09:04 PM
um.. didn't get it... thanx tho :D

Happyman
07-23-2002, 09:16 PM
OK.

1. Create a screen with the rain.

2. Remember what map and what screen on that map you put the rain on. That's in the bottom left of the screen.

3. Go to the screen you want rain on.

4. Open the layers menu.

5. Type in the map number in the first entry of layer 6.

6. Type in the screen in the second entry of layer 6.

7. Click OK.

Naomi
07-23-2002, 09:38 PM
OIC! I was making a really stupid mistake. Thanks!