PDA

View Full Version : Soul Caliber 2 (Spoiler!)

Icey
07-20-2002, 04:53 PM
Ok, for those of you Gamecube owners, how many of you are going to get this game just because a realistic Adult Link is going to be in it? I mean, as far as I know, it is just another fighter game. If there is another good reason to get it, please let me know. Looks like just another money making scheme of Nintendo's...

Cronic
07-20-2002, 05:04 PM
Soul Caliber is an awesome fighting game... it's actually my favorite. This is one game that although it's cross platform I will own for the Game Cube... unless they make Link look gay.

Samson007
07-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Ive seen it before and it looks cool.

Icey
07-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Ok, just wondering because I never played the first one. Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to check it out now ;)

MottZilla
07-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Why the fuck is link going to be in it? =\ Stupid nintendo... It could be cool and all, but I much prefer nintendo be kept atleast 300 feet away from anything good cause they'll ruin it.

Ya anyways... Nintendo should be Namco for Tekken Tag Tournament to be ported to GC. That would attract some gamers.

Icey
07-20-2002, 06:53 PM
As I said, having Adult Link in the game just seems like a ploy by Nintendo to make more money :-/

Rijuhn
07-20-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic
...Game Cube...

Oh my God. Do my eyes decieve me or did DC just say Game Cube?

KingArthur
07-20-2002, 11:55 PM
He's been sayin that alot lately... something must be wrong with him :D

Carmine
07-20-2002, 11:56 PM
HMMMM... Ive noticed that to

Cronic
07-21-2002, 12:20 AM
You guys pay entirely too much attention to me ;)

Warlock
07-21-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
Why the fuck is link going to be in it? =\ Stupid nintendo... It could be cool and all, but I much prefer nintendo be kept atleast 300 feet away from anything good cause they'll ruin it.

As much as I like the idea of seeing Adult Link, I have to agree with you.. I don't know what the hell they were smoking when they thought of that.. I mean, he doesn't even fit. You don't see any other characters making cameos.. It's like them throwing Sonic the Hedgehog into Mortal Kombat or something :D hehe..

Oh well tho. As far as I'm concerned, the game will still likely be good, Link or not, so it doesn't matter. And yeah, from what I have read the GC version is sounding like it may be the best. I think they are basing the arcade version off Nintendo's Triforce board, so porting would most likely be much smoother from that to GC than any other system.

MottZilla
07-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Yes, if it uses such similair hardware the ports are extremely easy. Hence Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 to Dreamcast. That's also why Tekken Tag Tournament was ported to PS2 and nothing else.

Elemental Knight
07-21-2002, 05:26 PM
There has been no official word from Namco on the subject, and as such I don't see why people are treating Link's appearance in SCII to be fact. Also, with SC II being a fighting game, if Link were to be in it it would most likely be the model used in either OoT or SpaceWorld 2000, considering how 'chibi' just doesn't work in fighting games.

Also, in case some people don't know, Soul Calibur (http://r3s.servercentral.net/) often has combatants with weaponry. Considering how Link is at least a moderate swordsman, him being in it does in fact work.

AlexMax
07-21-2002, 08:06 PM
I am quite looking forward to SC2.

If it is even half of what the origional was, I will get it, because frankly, the origional kicked exactly 2993 flavors of ass.

zables
07-21-2002, 09:14 PM
Umm... what was the original Consol SC was on? ive never heard of it before....

Warlock
07-22-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Elemental Knight
There has been no official word from Namco on the subject, and as such I don't see why people are treating Link's appearance in SCII to be fact. Also, with SC II being a fighting game, if Link were to be in it it would most likely be the model used in either OoT or SpaceWorld 2000, considering how 'chibi' just doesn't work in fighting games.

Also, in case some people don't know, Soul Calibur (http://r3s.servercentral.net/) often has combatants with weaponry. Considering how Link is at least a moderate swordsman, him being in it does in fact work.

I'm not saying it doesn't work with the game.. I just don't think he fits the game's style.

giblet
07-22-2002, 11:00 AM
i hope they make him fit the games style. i want to see link performing a badass kata with his sworn, and tearin it up in fights. it COULD be wicked cool. im atleast going to atleast see how it turns out before i buy it.