PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

Dave55
07-20-2002, 12:17 PM
For the past couple of days I've been trying to play the first Zelda. I found this and downloaded it, I try to play it and it says there is an error . I search for 1st.qst, I get a couple of finds then I find the one. I try to open it but there is a password.

I have two questions one: Can you play the original Zelda (NES) on ZQuest? If yes, then HOW?

Please help me! :confuse2:

(Reply ASAP)

Happyman
07-20-2002, 12:29 PM
If you are using ZQuest, then there's a password on it.

If you are using Zelda, then there isn't. Make sure you are using the right program.

And those last two questions: Huh?

Dave55
07-20-2002, 12:34 PM
Happyman, I have ZQuest. Do you know the password?

If you don't can you tell me where to get Zelda????

Jigglysaint
07-20-2002, 02:08 PM
Put the first quest in the zelda directory, then open it in Zelda Classic like you were going to play it. Also, there is an unpassworded version that should be available for download as an example quest.

Samson007
07-20-2002, 02:27 PM
The download comes with Zquest AND Zelda Classic. You have to go into zelda classic to play a game. Zquest is for making them.

Cyclone
07-20-2002, 11:17 PM
Dave55, ZQuest is for editing quests. Or creating your own. Zelda Classic itself - or zelda.exe in terms of filename - plays them.

Try opening zelda.exe to fix your problem. And forget passwords; none are needed to play.

If you have a problem with loading the first quest at this point, see my guide at the top of this forum. Hell, I'll link (http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59715) ya.

Cyclone

Dark Nation
07-20-2002, 11:24 PM
Also, what version are you using? If it's version 1.90, I know your problem (it was a bad package, basically). Version 1.92 is out (in beta form) and people seem to like it more. There is a topic about it at the top of this forum where you can download it. If you want to stick with 1.90 until the next full release, let us know and we can walk you through making 1.90 behave for you.

Cyclone
07-20-2002, 11:40 PM
DN, I posted the "behaviour" topic at the top of the forum, myself. Make it an impromptu late-night project after seeing scores of questions about it. *LOL*

Cyclone

Happyman
07-22-2002, 07:46 PM
You had problems with ZC 1.90?

What kind of behaviour are we talking about?

Dave55
07-23-2002, 12:15 AM
I did it I finally started playing :kawaii:

I just started and I'm already drooling, :drool:

Thanks again.

P.S: Brings back great memories :)