PDA

View Full Version : The funnest night I have ever had in my life...

AlexMax
07-20-2002, 12:43 AM
I just got back from Celebration Station. Why is this so fun? Aren't I 17?

You forget one thing. They had the holy grail...two DDR USA machines, one standing right next to the other. It was the first time that I had ever played DDR in the arcade.

Let me procrlaim this. It was one of the most furfilling experiences I have EVER had. The metal pad was safe with shoes, and allowed me to "Stomp to my beat" instead of tip toeing on my soft pad in the dorm room. It also allowed me to repeatibly tap a square by shifting weight as opposed to having to step every time. The game ran at a blistering 60 frames per second as opposed to around 30 for the PSX version. The subwoofer was loud. And Huge.

One nice thing about the machine is that it included a 1 foor 'beginer' difficulty for EVERY song in addition to the basic, trick and maniac songs. The basic difficulty also included 3D representation of the step patterns so it was eiser to figure out what the hell one was supposed to do (well, at least for beginers) What I could not find out about was how to play doubles (that is, one guy with two pads)

And whats more, I heard that DDR USA isn't even the best mix. I thoght it was pretty decent, as it had several of my favorites (End of the Century, Brilliant2U). I played Afronova Re-Venge one time and it gathered enough of a crowd around me that I got an ovation at the end of my run! (even though I foyed it...failed on the last step...it was so damn fast that I could hardly keep up...)

Whats more, even the people who used to just watch me play DDR Konamix started to play. They seemed to enjoy themselves quite a bit, and maybe one or two saw what I saw in it.

Anyway, I had an absolute blast. I pumped five dollars into the machine and probably would have pumped more had I the oppertunity.

EDIT: I played it at this location...

http://www.ddrfreak.com/locations/locations.php?action=displayLocation&locationID=298

I gave it a 9 out of 10 (one of the lights on top left of one of the machines was burned out)

Icey
07-20-2002, 09:19 PM
I love playing DDR in the arcade. You should really check out DDR Max 2: 7th Mix. It is by far my favorite.

mrz84
07-21-2002, 12:26 AM
i have yet to try these dancing games. sound silly but i'll try just about anything not made by bill gates as an attempt to cash in on the latest thing *cough*x-crap!*cough* oh well. until then i'm enjoying my new copy of final fantasy tactics. :kawaii:

AlexMax
07-22-2002, 12:43 AM
You try beating Afronova Re-Venge (lor hell, even the origional or primevil) (and no, I'm not talking about the one foot BEGINER course on DDR USA, I'm talking about the four/five footer BASIC level) and then tell me with a straight face that it was a silly experience.

What most people don't realize is that this is not only a fun game, but an awesome workout if you keep at it.

Icey
07-22-2002, 12:45 AM
Hell yeah! I sweat like a pig when I really play hard and long! I've put out $10 bucks within 3 and a half hours before! And its worth it!

Dracula
07-22-2002, 11:33 PM
Last time I played DDR in the arcade, some girls were checking me out... Imagine yourself put in that position...

MottZilla
07-22-2002, 11:45 PM
A friend of mine suggested I got play that in the arcade and try to get girls to play it with me. ;p Although, something even neater was the huge Tekken 3 motion sensor room. Rather than controlling the game normally there was a huge thing you are standing in and you move around for real to control your character. It was pretty messed up IMO.

Dark_Legend
07-23-2002, 02:11 PM
OHHHHHHH MAN, IL LOVE THE GAME OF YUGIOH! DOES ANY ONE ELSE LIKE YUGIOH? IF SO SEND ME A PRIVATE CHAT!

;)SEE YA THEN;)

Brian
07-24-2002, 09:02 AM
I've never tried it, but I've watched it. They even have tournaments for that at Celebration Station, which are somewhat funny, because they get all kinds of strange people (last time the winner was a girl wearing gothic clothes and bunny ears, etc.) and even an announcer. I think they had some prize but I'm not sure. I didn't really watch , it was too crowded, and I'm more of a minature golf person. ;)

Masamune
07-24-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Dark_Legend
OHHHHHHH MAN, IL LOVE THE GAME OF YUGIOH! DOES ANY ONE ELSE LIKE YUGIOH? IF SO SEND ME A PRIVATE CHAT!

;)SEE YA THEN;)

that was the oddest post i'd ever seen... :odd: and DDR in the arcade is the best way to burn 20 dollars in an hour.