PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Warcraft 3 race, strategy

Brian
07-20-2002, 12:20 AM
What is your favorite Warcraft 3 race? I currently do the best with undead, though I find them the least cool.

What are some of your strategies for Warcraft 3? Build orders? Niches found within a race for a good strategy? I decided we needed a thread about this. :cool:

Daarkseid
07-20-2002, 12:43 AM
I play as the Humans most of the time, and my main army is built around a corps of 12 Riflemen, with another group made up of Priests casting inner fire and melee units, as well as an Archmage.

The riflemen are my main fighting force, aiming their guns at individual units that pose a threat to the entire army, such as enemy heros and flying units. The rest of my army is a compliment, with the Priests supporting the Riflemen, the melee units fending off attackers, and the Archmage casting spells.

If I'm going to besiege a city though, I'll mix in some artillery into the supporting group...

Warlock
07-20-2002, 01:09 AM
I love the orcs. I knew they would be my favorite when I was following the game.. the Blademaster is just so cool :D haha.. I had this one game I was playing during the beta against some friends, and my whole base was toast except a few buildings they kept for me so I could stay in the game (I had no money so it didn't matter). But I had my Blademaster still and he was on the bottom island, and whenever someone tried to build there, I would go terrorize them with him! haha.. Wind Walk + Bladestorm = no more acolytes :D hahaha.. it was fun :D And I would just Wind Walk back after he found me so he couldn't see me again :D hehe..

But yeah, I love the orcs. I like Raiders a lot.. they are cool. Ensnare is a great anti-air skill which a lot of ppl don't use since you have to cast it unlike the Crypt Fiend's Web (but the hotkey is easy enough). Plus the orcs are just generally the strongest (although also the most expensive)

Brian
07-20-2002, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I do fairly well with the orcs, and since being them is a lot cooler then being some evil undead, I voted for them. I always like the stronger, but more expensive races (like the Protoss in Starcraft), and orcs seem to be like them.

Do you have a good build order for the orcs, to repel early rushes the comp always does? I haven't quite figured one out.

Masamune
07-20-2002, 11:11 AM
i like using the night elves becasue of their building and defense. their way of gtting recources is cool to.

MottZilla
07-20-2002, 06:23 PM
I prefer Night Elves just because I have a fairly decent working strategy with them.