PDA

View Full Version : Shine Get???

Orion
07-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Why are people so obsessed with that phrase? To me, it sounds really stupid. A lot like something my 6-year-old sister would say. Can't we talk normal anymore?

No, this isn't a rant about Nintendo getting to be too kiddy, I just think this whole "Shine get" thing sounds dumb.

Carmine
07-20-2002, 12:16 AM
... I dont even know what a Shine get Is... But it sounds increadibly gay... Almost right next to WWWAAAZZZUp.

Cronic
07-20-2002, 12:19 AM
It's a power up oir something in Mario Sunshine I believe, and yeah that's pretty gay :/

Mak-X
07-20-2002, 12:29 AM
It sounds like a Japenglish phrase.

I think in Super Smash Bros. Melee it says "Figure(Trophy) Get!". Yeah, its the Japanese version and the way Japan uses English. Turn on SSBM in Japanese mode and earn some new trophies from the lottery and you'll see what I mean.

In otherwords "You got a shine!" (Shines are the equivalient of Stars in SM64. Check that Super Mario Sunshine Impressions topic, might have info)

Cronic
07-20-2002, 12:33 AM
It's even more annoying that it's an audio thing too... like it screams it much like the ssbm announcer :/

Warlock
07-20-2002, 01:14 AM
It's Japanese. Like Zelda No Densetsu. Zelda the Legend of? It's just the way they order their sentences.. don't read anything into it. I guarentee the english version will not say that.

KingArthur
07-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Actually... the literal translation of that is Zelda's Legend... but yeah...