PDA

View Full Version : MS Super Mario Sunshine Impressions

Mak-X
07-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Someone that works at www.miyamotoshrine.com got a import of Super Mario Sunshine, and is recording their impressions. Thought someone might find it interesting. I won't be reading it though so nothing gets spoiled.

http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/kong/features/shine/

giblet
07-19-2002, 09:57 PM
it gives away some very little things, so dont read it. but boy i cant wait for this. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm mario. gaming roots untainted, but yet, changed with the times.

Warlock
07-20-2002, 01:12 AM
did he say it was good? I kind of don't want too much spoiled either.. I just know the general plot and that is enough :)

Mak-X
07-20-2002, 01:15 AM
Miyamoto Shrine:
"People have said it but I never believed them: Mario Sunshine is to Mario 64 what Mario World is to Mario Bros. 3. Mario Sunshine makes Mario 64 look like Croc."

That's all I'm reading, don't want it spoiled either.

I think Famitsu magazine gave it 48/50

BTW, when exactly is it coming out? August 26th or something? I need to go to EB Gameworld next week and put down my $5 deposit.

giblet
07-20-2002, 12:23 PM
oh ya, he said it was REEEAL fun. he couldnt stop being excited at everything, bosses....sound....envronment....ect it made me damn excited to read it. um..idunno pennyarcade says i comes out in a month. i didnt even know it was that close. so great.

AlexMax
07-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Ha ha! I knew Miyamoto wouldn't ever let us down.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, Cronic. ^_^

jman2050
07-20-2002, 01:04 PM
I'm getting this game no matter what anyone says. I loved the first game, and from what I've heard this one's going to be better. Score one for Miyamoto! j/k

The Silent Assassin
07-20-2002, 01:43 PM
I thought it comes out early august? Maybe the 26th...

Either way, I'll be buying it up at Austin.

Rijuhn
07-20-2002, 01:53 PM
I think MS will fall into the Buy-Before-Renting category for me. I've heard so much good news about it, it's Mario, and because I've been waiting for this since GCN came out.

AlexMax
07-20-2002, 02:19 PM
From what I see, it's going to be to Mario 64 what Mario World was to SMB3...well...maybe not that extreme

(and in some peoples opinions SMB3 is actually better than SMW)

But anyway,I can't fucking wait for this...

Brian
07-20-2002, 06:59 PM
Yeah, this game looks like it will be great, and done right. I loved Mario 64, so if this is a big improvement on that, I'm sure to be happy.

Icey
07-20-2002, 09:27 PM
What is all the hype for Mario Sunshine about?? Anyone wanna fill me in? I havent seen anything to really get me geared up to "rent before buying"

giblet
07-20-2002, 10:16 PM
if you liked mario 64, your not gonna have enough JIZ for this game - is what everyone is saying - people that have played it, especially.

for soem reason i did like mario3 better than world. i never got the chance to play smw on snes tho, just *whispers* on rom...
but i DID like it.

Carmine
07-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey Its a mario game... Therefore Im looking forward to It.

And I may have reserved it some where... But that will turn up In a month or so.

Warlock
07-21-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin
I thought it comes out early august? Maybe the 26th...

Either way, I'll be buying it up at Austin.

yes, that is correct (I believe it is the 26th too). They imported the Japanese version which is out now tho.

King Link
07-21-2002, 01:47 AM
I can't wait until the game comes out. Finally, another Mario game exlusive, not one of those Mario Kart or Mario Party or whatever games.

Mario's own game to himself was back in '96 already, Super Mario 64 on a home console. Of course there was the Paper Mario game.

Anyways, I can't wait for Super Mario Sunshine, I think the game is looking totally awesome.

Brian
07-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Though somehow I doubt that it can be as good as their analogy said, that "Mario Sunshine is to Mario 64 as Mario 64 was to Mario 3". Thats a BIG claim, one I won't think will be backed up. Still, even if it is just a decent improvement of Mario 64 I will be happy. If it is more, as it sounds like, I will be really happy.

And I just wanted to add that Nintendo had better not just have this be the only true Mario game for the Cube, like Mario 64 was for N64. Paper Mario was great, I hope to see a sequal for the Cube (preferably longer), but I want to see at least another true Mario game for the cube, even if it is in the way of Yoshi's Island for the SNES. (which was great to)
Remember the days of 3 Marios on ones system? I wish Nintendo would bring those back. After all, I would sacrifice Mario Tennis, Golf, and 1 Mario Party game just for another true Mario.

AlexMax
07-21-2002, 02:52 PM
The only system to have that was the NES, and that was only because of the logevity of the NES.

Brian
07-21-2002, 04:55 PM
Super Nintendo at least had 2. (Mario World and Yoshi's Island). Even if the GC lasts no longer then the N64, I still want to see two Mario's. There is no reason against it, Mario is Nintendo's best game (or one of the best), and if you buy one of their systems I think you deserve at least two. Mario deserves it, rather then all the golf and tennis stuff. ;)