PDA

View Full Version : Warlock, if I may have your assistance

jman2050
07-19-2002, 08:37 PM
Can you reproduce the article IGN has on Sonic Advance 2. It would be greatly beneficial for me to learn about any new features or media that those evil b**tards decided to lock from us mortals. If it isn't too much trouble, do the same for Super Mario Advance also. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Orion
07-19-2002, 08:56 PM
Warlock to the rescue :D:

Hands-on Sonic Adventure 2:
"July 15, 2002 - Sales for Sonic Advance of over a million units last year and early this year confirmed that GBA owners have welcomed Sega's speedy blue hero with open arms. And now, Sega and Sonic Team are back with the all-new Sonic Advance 2.
Take the original, up the speed, and you seem to have Sonic Advance 2. At least, that's the impression we get having played the single level available for play at the World Hobby Fair this past weekend in Japan. In addition to the new speed, we did see some new forms of loops, including probably the largest loop that Sonic has ever found himself running through, and new tricks such as more complicated spring broads. Otherwise, this is the same tried and true Sonic gameplay you've loved for ages.

Visually, things are a bit more advanced than in the first, but you probably wouldn't be able to tell the games apart at first glance. Sonic is animated a bit better than he was in the previous edition, something we presume will be true for the rest of the characters (none of whom were accessible in the World Hobby Fair version. And, of course, the faster speed means the developers are pushing the GBA to new levels, as Sonic Team did with the Genesis years ago. The speed change isn't quite the jump as from Sonic 1 to Sonic 2, but it's something that you'll definitely be able to feel.

Oh my god it's a new Sonic game!

So it looks like if you wanted another Sonic title for your GBA, you've got your chance right here. Download the first video footage of Sonic Advance 2 below and look for more on the game when Sega provides it."

I wasn't sure which SMA article you wanted. Please specify.

jman2050
07-19-2002, 09:03 PM
The one under Sonic Advance 2 with the little lock next to it. Also, are there any new pictures or movies you can dload or redirect me to. And thanks.

Oh, and I asked for Warlock because he's the only one here I know who has an IGNInsider account.

Orion
07-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Oh, that's just a video. There's no articles there. I would DL it, but my internet connection is slow as fuck. Maybe Warlock will help ya there.

jman2050
07-20-2002, 01:53 PM
Man, screw this IGN sucks anyways. I found the Sonic avdnace video i was looking forp. It's a bit big, but it is fairly good quality. The game itself looks really sweet, and you'll notice that the game runs a lot faster than the previous incarnation. I can't wait :D. here is the link. It is an FTP so don't be worried if all you get is a blank page while it's loading.

ftp://ftp.futurenet.co.uk/pub/dailyradar/nintendo/sonicadvance/sonicadvance2.mov

Have fun. The FTP site is publically accesible, so browse around for a couple of interesting movies and images.