PDA

View Full Version : What's your ideal job ?

Hermit
07-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Most people work just to pay the bills... What is it your really want to do with yourselves ?

My father was in the army for 26 years. I've had a chat or two with some of his army buds. They always say I'd make the perfect sniper. :eyebrow:

It always sounded odd to me they would suggest that, until you really think about it. I'll freely admit I have no life, no friends, nothing really. I keep to myself, a hermit by all aspects of the word. Due to my hatreds of 99% of all that is earth, life, and whatever else, killing people would come easy.

I stopped caring for anything long ago. I like my life, it suits me :)
Not sure if I'll ever pursue the sniper thing though. Maybe one day... when I get tired of what I'm doing now, where I am... I'll think about it.

Beldaran
07-19-2002, 08:45 PM
hehe I know what you mean man. If I didn't have to work at all I would build a recording studio and make albums and tour. It would be fun. I would bring all kinds of guest musicians. I would also write film and tv scores. I love that kind of stuff. And if anyone pissed me off I would hire Hermit to kill them.:)

Rafnul
07-19-2002, 08:47 PM
You need a recording studio? Did I ever mention the recording studio we made out of my basement?

My ideal job would probably be research on wormholes.

Carmine
07-19-2002, 08:50 PM
HMMMM.... the Ideal job you say?

What about those people that taste test every 100th box of ice cream... Believe it or not but thats there freakin job!!!

Drunken Tiger
07-19-2002, 08:50 PM
I wouldnt mind becoming a progamer..... :evil:

You get paid to test out new games....:p

Hermit
07-19-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
hehe I know what you mean man. If I didn't have to work at all I would build a recording studio and make albums and tour. It would be fun. I would bring all kinds of guest musicians. I would also write film and tv scores. I love that kind of stuff. And if anyone pissed me off I would hire Hermit to kill them.:)

You know... I thought about that a few times myself actually. It always sounded good too... until you see all those shows on tv where anyone and everyone bugs the shit out of hollywood related folk. I'd probably end up killing every reporter or cameraman who ever tried to stick a mic or camera in my face... not good. I think it best I keep it as just a hobby ;)

Perhaps we can collaborate when I go off duty. I'll even give you full credit... don't want any part of the hype :thumbsup:

I'd rather do video game soundtracks as opposed to anything else. Nobuo is my god ;)

King Link
07-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Medieval Anthropologist, someone who studies old civilizations and cultures, for example, Medieval Europe.

theplustwo
07-19-2002, 09:19 PM
rock band frontman

mrz84
07-19-2002, 09:49 PM
finally get started on the manga version of bar-buddies and do it for a living and make so popular it gets its own movie/tv series, but then again i am thinging big so the manga is good enough. :kawaii:

Paradox
07-19-2002, 09:51 PM
computer game designer or a world leader

teddyboy420
07-19-2002, 09:58 PM
What I'm on my way to doing now, video game programing. I'm in my second semester of college and only have 6 more to go. Woo hoo :cry: It seems so long, but in the scheme of things I know it really isn't.

Rijuhn
07-20-2002, 03:47 PM
My ideal job? Making games without wasting my life away, while also having a job as a digital artist/computer graphics designer. Also I'd be an actor and have angelic powers so I can fly over mountains and live for 1000 years. Dreaming kicks ass, why does it end. :(

Catalyst333
07-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Model/dancer/singer/cult celebrity...hehe...I'm on my way!

Catalyst

MottZilla
07-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Programming software or designing electronics are things I'd like to do.

Starfalcon2
07-20-2002, 08:30 PM
well, programmer/ if I am hearing I could join Air Force by now as my brother and father!

inori
07-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Everyone wants to be a programmer...

My ideal job would be to teach computer science at the university level. The only question is whether I'm ambitious enough to get the PhD necessary for that job.