PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawk

Clueless Blonde
07-19-2002, 03:14 PM
Yesterday, someone tried to tell me that Tony Hawk is no longer a pro-skateboarder! But I thought that he was going to the X-games in Philly this August.
Does anybody know what he's really doing?

Verman
07-19-2002, 03:19 PM
He is posing for Tony Hawk 4 for PS2.

Actully I don't know I just wanted to trow a useless one line topic in. Last I heard though he was going to the X-games, the guy I heard it from is a bit of a BSer though.

King Link
07-19-2002, 04:26 PM
I heard that he was quitting professional skating, but I don't know that for sure either, could have been a rumour.

slayer6896
07-19-2002, 07:50 PM
he says he is going to quit skateboarding every couple of years then he starts skating again.

DemoQuestFan
07-19-2002, 08:20 PM
the last time he "quit" skatboarding he started doing shows and then returned to the X games. the stunt biker that retired at last years X-Games however, had an official retirement.

skidphyzz
07-19-2002, 08:37 PM
Tony Hawk is no longer a professional skateboarder. But he is on "tour" doing skateboard shows around the globe. Remember he was in those ads during the X-games last year but he didn't actually compete. He's still spittin' out video games though don't be worried about that :)

this is as far is I know true information. Exscuse me if I am wrong.

theplustwo
07-19-2002, 08:47 PM
whatever happens, I'm still super-stoked about THPS4! It looks sa-weet!

E-FORCE
07-19-2002, 10:23 PM
You're missing the point. Tony Hawk, unlike in other sports, can decide when he wants to be active, or not in skating at whatever time due to certain reasons such as resting, spending time with the kids, or injuries. If he doesn't skateboard for awhile, that doesn't mean he retired.

teddyboy420
07-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Yeah, he has so many other things going he only skates when he wants to. I wish I had a clothing line, a mad popular video game series and was an idol to millions of people. If I had all that I would come and go as please to.

I know that really didn't answer the question but I think I gave a reason why he might of retired.

Clueless Blonde
07-20-2002, 12:23 AM
*pouts* I just don't think that the X-games will be the same w/out him. But I hear he's got great shoes. Right DP? ;)

stormwatcheagle
07-20-2002, 12:26 AM
GO HAWK! HAWK CAN DO NO WRONG! except for not making more games...