PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Advance question: Chao Emeralds...

Raichu86
07-18-2002, 05:00 PM
I've not been able to conclude if you have to beat the special level in each zone with ALL the characters. They're a pain in the ass, I'd like to not have to do so if it's not required. Does anybody know?

Maybe our resident Sonic fan will know. :kawaii:

DarkDragoonX
07-18-2002, 05:23 PM
No, it doesn't matter what characters you get the emeralds with. Use any character, in any order.

Raichu86
07-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Alright, thanks. Now I can just go get them all with Tails, because he can get places easier. :evil:

jman2050
07-18-2002, 05:55 PM
You're looking at the resident Sonic fanboy. Unfortunetely for me, your question was answered before I can do it (dangit :mad: ). So, uh, what can I say. I know... just remember that there are two special stages in Ice Mountain Zone and that after getting all of them, you must beat the game with all characters to reap the benefits (beat the game with Sonic last)

Raichu86
07-18-2002, 07:04 PM
OK, thanks. :D

Are there any other zones with more than one special level?

Tygore
07-19-2002, 11:19 AM
No, but someting odd:
I know that the guide calls them "Chao" emeralds, but EVERY OTHER SONIC GAME AND THE IN-GAME TEXT calls them "Chaos".

:shrug:

ZeldaLord
07-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Mistraslation, most likely, or a typo.

Tygore
07-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaLord
Mistraslation, most likely, or a typo.

Not a typo, it appears consistantly. My guess is they wanted to stay with the Chao (which are SO fun to raise! :kawaii:). But, they decided to change to tradition after the manual was printed.
It's happened before.

ZeldaLord
07-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Well, I guess it make sense if you played Sonic Adventure 1 (it's part of the plot).

jman2050
07-19-2002, 08:21 PM
It has to be a mistranslation or som other crap. It is Chaos emeralds, not chao emeralds. The term chaos emeralds was coined at the series beginning and has not been altered in any other game besides this one, SA1 and SA2 included. I don't pay it much mind while playing the game, but it does frustrate me that they don't care to place the 's' where it should be.

If you want inconsitancy, note that the chaos emeralds have had four different shapes since their incarnation: octagonial(Sonic 1) Hexagonial(Sonic 2), Pentagonial(Sonic 3 & Knuckles) and umm, diamond shape, don't remember the exact name of the shape(Almost every other game. Why they did this, I have no clue. Maybe they just wanted to try different stuff.

KingArthur
07-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Dont forget the Chaos rings in Knuckles Chaotix :D