PDA

View Full Version : Myst 1,2,3

blckscab
07-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Has anyone here played the pc game myst 1, 2 or 3. I thought that they were realy good, some of the best puzzle games I have played so far. If you have the money I would go and buy it right now. Myst I isnt all that brilliant but it sets the story for II(riven) and III(Exile) and ther is now a game called real myst wich has modern graphics and everything. I have just ordered Riven of of the internet and hoping it will be here soon because I have already finished I and III. I cant wait.
Exile has amazing graphics and a 360 degrees view so you can look around and see the buitiful scenery. The puzzles are also good and keep the player stuck to the game.
Does anyone else know of any other games for the pc like this?

Paradox
07-18-2002, 12:36 PM
i played the first one and it was pretty good, but it got boring after a while because it was no action or anything really.

Dart Zaidyer
07-18-2002, 12:49 PM
I have the original Myst for Windows 3.1, nyah nyah! =P

Myst was always fun. I wonder if the 3d remake is worthwhile.

blckscab
07-18-2002, 12:57 PM
It is supposed to have a extra age, the day is supposed to pass bye so it becomes night and day, birds fly over head. The water moves, It has much better graphics. I think it would be worth it but because I have already compleated it with the old virsion so I probebly wont get it.

The Savior
07-18-2002, 01:19 PM
I got Riven and absolutly hated it. For those who haven't played it, it goes something like this:
[list=1]
Walk halfway across the island, which takes a good deal of time because each screen takes a second or two to load, plus changing disks and such
Once on the other side, notice that a twig has move exactly 4 pixels to the left since the last time you were on that screen
Instinctivly know that since the twig moved, you have to go back to the first part of the island and turn the wheel 4.57654 turns, which opens up door in a village
And this goes on....
And on.....
And on...
[/list=1]

blckscab
07-18-2002, 01:34 PM
mmmmm, I didnt find any real problem with this in Myst I and Exile. I hope I dont see Riven the same way you are or it will be a great dissapointment to me. I dought the loading of each screen is a problem with me because I have a good conputer and it handled Exile fine, which I would of thought would have more detail and graphics and therfore take longer to load than Riven.

Saffith
07-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Most people just don't like Riven, I'm afraid, even if they liked the others. It's pretty damn hard to get through the Fire Marble and animal sound puzzles without help.
I liked Myst, and I made it through Riven. Haven't played Exile yet. I do have RealMyst, the 3D remake. It's really pretty, but it takes quite a computer to run well. The extra age is barely worth mentioning; there are only two or three simple puzzles, and you get to see a picture of Riven. Yay. Oh, and some thing where you get to play with lightning, which is kinda cool.

slothman
07-18-2002, 02:01 PM
Well I have owned it for years but I never opened it. It looks similar to "Retrun to Zork" or even the later "Kings's Quest" games.

blckscab
07-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Well, I liked every puzzle and age in Exile. I realy liked the way that the animations are merged into the game and I enjoyed the nature age the best. Even if you dont like Riven, Exile is brilliant and I dont think is related with riven too much( dont blame me if im wrong, I havnt played riven yet.) I do recomend this game to people who like puzzle games as a must buy.

I dont understand why not many people have played Exile.

Maverick_Zero
07-18-2002, 03:03 PM
I've only played the first and second myst, I didn't like them, In the second one it was chaning the disc weverytime you went into a new area and there were six of em' I don't like that

Also, I don't like those still first person things, they bug me that may seem stupid but I'm kinda picky about my games.

blckscab
07-18-2002, 03:09 PM
I didnt like the disc changing in Exile ether( 4 discs ) but if you fully install it, it only needs the first one. But in doing so, it taked a good amount of space up.:(

The Savior
07-18-2002, 03:45 PM
Keep in mind that the "couple of seconds" for changing a disk was with a computer that was about standard when Riven came out - 233 MHz, 48 MB RAM.

3-Headed Monkey
07-18-2002, 06:19 PM
I only played the first one, but I didn't really like it. The Journeyman Project is MUCH better.

Dart Zaidyer
07-18-2002, 06:47 PM
It's a shame they gave The Journeyman Project 1 a cool facelift, and then ONLY MADE IT FOR MAC AND PSX. Grrrrr....