PDA

View Full Version : Dont update your sound drivers

mike5000
07-17-2002, 08:49 PM
This really pisses me off! I went to Creative labs website and went to update my sound card drivers. When I was done doing everything they told me to do I restarted my computer and now my sound card doesnt work! I tried to use it and it says that somthing else is using it! I restarted my computer and it still in use! So then I looked for an Unistaller and there is none :angry: So I sent an E-mail to there techsupport and have to wait on that! Basically I want to unistall there shitty drivers and go back to my old ones. (does any of you know how to do that?) Well I waited awhile and said what the hell, And I opend system restore that came with my Windows Mellenium. I saw a nice restore checkpoint for 12 noon this morning (It was tooo good to be true) and there was also some ones for some other dates! I ran the restore and a Mother F*$%in virus comes up {sonofabit} (of coarse good ole' Mister Nortin anti shit head could not fix it, can you believe that over this whole year I got that peice of shit IT DID NOT FIX 1 (ONE) VIRUS AT ALL! It would only Quearentine it!!! [or delete it] So I Qurentined the virus and finished my system restore. Guess what (surprize) It friggin failed! and IT TOLD ME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER RESTORE CHECKPOINT! okay... so I KNEW for a fact that there was a cheakpoint on July 9th- I SWEAR TO GOD THERE WAS! Well conveinently its gone the only check point left was 10 minuets ago! :angry: I was furius...somhow all the other 14 cheakpoints dissapeard leaving my computer screwed! I am soo pissed right now this is the worst half-hour of my life! once there retarded tech support comes through, hopefully, I will never upgrade my Hardware again! (and I want to kick all the guys asses over at Creative labs) they are worthless..... (oh and Nortin can Kiss my ass!)

Samson007
07-17-2002, 08:51 PM
I had soundcard problem too.............Never fixed it.

mike5000
07-17-2002, 08:52 PM
so your without sound???? Oh shit! THis Blows!

Carmine
07-17-2002, 08:57 PM
I have a creative labs sound card, And If my computer didnt have a built In gameport, ide break this piecea shit in, I guess when i installed It, It worked no better than the normal sound, And because Of It quicktome movies have gurguling sound now, Yes very creative Indeed creative labs.

DukenukemX
07-17-2002, 09:45 PM
What kind of sound card is it? Creative just released Sound Blaster Live drivers today for W2k and XP.

Carmine
07-17-2002, 09:51 PM
mines a cheap one, Sound Blaster 16 PCI, only bought it for the gameport.... Well theres my reply.

mike5000
07-17-2002, 09:59 PM
Sound blaster audio/pci

but the faggits at creative destroyed it!

gdorf
07-17-2002, 11:03 PM
mike5000: So get a bootdisk, maybe an emergency one, and try to fix windows as best you can. It really isn't that big of a deal to format if you have to. You may have to reset some things, but it isn't the worst thing to happen.

***The worst thing to happen is when you turn on your computer and either:

a.) Hear a long and steady beep
b.) Smell an electrical burning coming from your computer.
c.) Have a blank screen
d.) None of the above.

Stangely enough, all of the above have happened to me. Mostly motherboard and cable problems. I had to replace my motherboard once.

mike5000
07-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Yes but If it was just my comp. I would have reformatted already!

My parents business is mostly on this computer and there is alot of stuff I would have to back up! I would rather wait and see if Creatives tech guys can fix me up! I just cant believe they dint include an unistaller or a better help file!

vegeta1215
07-18-2002, 01:56 AM
I say, if it isn't broke, why upgrade?

Get your Windows cd that came with your computer, and try the drivers it has on it.

Cloral
07-18-2002, 03:58 AM
Right. Go to your devices, and remove your sound card. Get the CD, and install the drivers from it. This should effectivly uninstall the newer drivers, and you don't have to format or anything. I've had the same problem with my NVIDIA drivers - pos things won't even let me see the command prompt anymore! Note that this only applies to Windows - the NVIDIA drivers for Linux work quite nicely. Speaking of which, I think it is time for me to 'downgrade' my Windows video drivers. Excuse me for a sec...

Drunken Tiger
07-18-2002, 04:10 AM
I got a Vibra128 soundcard.. Hasn’t screwed me over yet…...:tongue:

Gerudo
07-18-2002, 07:56 AM
i have a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

great stuff! ^_^

Drunken Tiger
07-18-2002, 08:17 AM
I like your avatar.... ^_^

I had a Sound Blaster Digital 5.1 but i traded that in for a new monitor...:p

DemoQuestFan
07-18-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by mike5000
This really pisses me off! I went to Creative labs website and went to update my sound card drivers. When I was done doing everything they told me to do I restarted my computer and now my sound card doesnt work! I tried to use it and it says that somthing else is using it! I restarted my computer and it still in use! So then I looked for an Unistaller and there is none :angry: So I sent an E-mail to there techsupport and have to wait on that! Basically I want to unistall there shitty drivers and go back to my old ones. (does any of you know how to do that?) Well I waited awhile and said what the hell, And I opend system restore that came with my Windows Mellenium. I saw a nice restore checkpoint for 12 noon this morning (It was tooo good to be true) and there was also some ones for some other dates! I ran the restore and a Mother F*$%in virus comes up {sonofabit} (of coarse good ole' Mister Nortin anti shit head could not fix it, can you believe that over this whole year I got that peice of shit IT DID NOT FIX 1 (ONE) VIRUS AT ALL! It would only Quearentine it!!! [or delete it] So I Qurentined the virus and finished my system restore. Guess what (surprize) It friggin failed! and IT TOLD ME TO CHOOSE ANOTHER RESTORE CHECKPOINT! okay... so I KNEW for a fact that there was a cheakpoint on July 9th- I SWEAR TO GOD THERE WAS! Well conveinently its gone the only check point left was 10 minuets ago! :angry: I was furius...somhow all the other 14 cheakpoints dissapeard leaving my computer screwed! I am soo pissed right now this is the worst half-hour of my life! once there retarded tech support comes through, hopefully, I will never upgrade my Hardware again! (and I want to kick all the guys asses over at Creative labs) they are worthless..... (oh and Nortin can Kiss my ass!)

I had a similar problem after doing a Windows Update. Basically it failed my SB16 emulation drivers, and when I got done installing it, it had switched ALL media associations over to Windows Media Player, in essence locking them there. Musicmatch would come up with a ---VXD error in a blue screen of death. and Winamp would just freeze and not play a thing. Since then I have not used Windows Update to update my sound card drivers, but since Sound Blaster is no longer in manufacturing I have no choice but to not update my drivers at all.

mike5000
07-18-2002, 03:12 PM
yeah i fixed it! I just totally unistalled my sound drivers, and reinstalled there litte download!