PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so I'm at the library...

theplustwo
07-17-2002, 05:16 PM
What is the deal with old people?

But seriously, folks, I'm at the library, using like a 19 inch screen, but it's set in 640x480! and the start menu and desktop are locked so you can't change it. Is anyone really that blind that they need everything so huge? If they are they need to either get glasses, or stop using computers.

Beldaran
07-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
Is anyone really that blind that they need everything so huge? If they are they need to either get glasses, or stop using computers.

hey don't make fun of my dad.:laughing:

bigjoe
07-17-2002, 05:23 PM
agreed , the resolution was always set to that in school even though it could be higher , so i used to crack the Fortres and change it a lot

Selah
07-17-2002, 05:25 PM
hate it when that happens...

DukenukemX
07-17-2002, 05:27 PM
At 19 inches I can see why 640X480 might piss you off but it is the library's computer. :shrug:

If they're using Win98 or WinME I could probably get around it and change the desktop resolution. Either by registry key or using another program to access the resolution.

Go here http://64.113.35.210/ps.htm and get powerstrip to change the resolution. If you can run programs on there PC.

Of course the best and my most favorite way around it is Ctrl+Alt+delete and then find the program that is holding you back. :naughty:

You would be surprised how often that works. :laughing:

If all else fails then just go home and use your PC. :P

Nick
07-17-2002, 05:32 PM
Ctrl+alt+del automagically restarts computers at my school unless the locking program is unlocked.

Selah
07-17-2002, 07:11 PM
ctrl+alt+del gives you a window. hit it again and it restates your comp.

DukenukemX
07-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Yeah but ctrl+alt+del allows you to see hidden programs running in windows. Chances are you can shutdown the program that prevents you from doing this. If it's not a program then it's something in the registry. Novell does that to hold people back. I find ways around that too. :)

Of course if you press ctrl+alt+del twice you will restart your PC.

MrCow
07-17-2002, 07:57 PM
lol just use it its free why do people complain so much

Nick
07-17-2002, 08:27 PM
No, I just pressed it once and it did it. I know the window is supposed to come up (it does on normal computers), but either...

A) My school computers are super old and that feature doesn't exsist, or...

B) The program makes pressing it once restart for some odd reason.

Fatty Lumpkin
07-17-2002, 08:40 PM
I love doing stuff to my school's computers. It's so easy yet they feel so secure. I could easily destroy everything, and I don't have any cracking experience.

Paradox
07-17-2002, 09:18 PM
heh a while ago my family went to a car dealer and they had a computer hooked up to a big screen TV and it was 640x480. i had to break my neck to see everything.

Rafnul
07-17-2002, 09:28 PM
Terrorizing your school computers is fun. I managed to get 80% of my school's computers to change their startup screen to the shutdown screen. A simple batch file did the job, and I just e-mailed everyone the batch file with a lot of forwarding attached to the rear end.

I just named it "Game.bat" and everyone felt compelled to open it. Most people thought we had a virus and that windows wouldn't load, what they really needed to do was be patient and let it load.

I finnally got caught when I was trying to "infect" the few remaining computers which had not been effected. I lost my network privilages for the rest of the year.

ANYWAYS, you can change the resolution any number of ways. My favorite, extremely inefficient way, is to load something that automatically changes your resolution, get it to freeze, and CTRL+ALT+DELETE out of it.

Paradox
07-17-2002, 09:31 PM
i've been sorely tempetd on several occations to really fuck up my schools computers. but the consequences outweigh the fun.

Rafnul
07-17-2002, 09:35 PM
Well, it was more to show the damn administrators that their security sucks.

I THOUGHT I got the point across, then later we got infected with a virus that kept coming back everytime we eradicated it.

Of course, I refused to help anyone until they would reinstate my privilages.

Cyclone
07-17-2002, 11:41 PM
You explained to them why you did it, right? How long were your privileges revoked? :laughing:

Cyclone