PDA

View Full Version : Spain on war!!

Darunia
07-17-2002, 04:06 PM
Well, not yet.

Actually, Marroc(sp?) wants to get a little island (REALLY little, it doesn't appear in maps!) called Perejil island.

But that island is from Spain.

Marroc says is from them.

So they declared us war.

My thoughts: LET THEM GET THE FUCKING SMALL STONE ISLAND!!!!!!1

gdorf
07-17-2002, 04:11 PM
It is probably more of an issue of keeping control. If you let someone take even a small island without a fight, they may try for something bigger next time, thinking there won't be consequences.

Raichu86
07-17-2002, 04:11 PM
War over a small rock like that? Geez... :sweat:

Carmine
07-17-2002, 04:13 PM
UMMMMMM..., Spain, Sounds like a dish of pasta If you sound it out In a certain way.

Beldaran
07-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Do you mean Morocco?

3-Headed Monkey
07-17-2002, 04:53 PM
Just wondering, does the US or the UN plan to get involved?

Darunia
07-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Beldaran: I gues it will be.

3HM: I think no.

theplustwo
07-17-2002, 05:08 PM
so spain is sitting on top of a physical object called 'war'? Sounds suspicious to me..

Just kidding, I like to give darunia a hard time :P

Carmine
07-17-2002, 05:16 PM
UMMMMMM.... Suspicious, But no really, Spain, I kinda dont know that much about that side of the world, But Isnt Spain next to Africa.... er... somthin, Or maybe France..... Spain and France sorta sound the same.... oK I'll shut up.

Beldaran
07-17-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
UMMMMMM.... Suspicious, But no really, Spain, I kinda dont know that much about that side of the world, But Isnt Spain next to Africa.... er... somthin, Or maybe France..... Spain and France sorta sound the same.... oK I'll shut up.

lol

Spain IS right next to Africa. Its only separated by about a mile of open water.

Carmine
07-17-2002, 05:34 PM
Whoa, Holy crap.... was i really right, Africa was just a guess.

3-Headed Monkey
07-17-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Carmine

You know that really big peninsula at the south-western end of Europe? Together, Spain and Portugal make that peninsula.

Paradox
07-17-2002, 06:43 PM
oh god, the lack of education these people have...

3-Headed Monkey
07-17-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Paradox
oh god, the lack of education these people have...

it's just apathy... nothing more...

MrCow
07-17-2002, 06:52 PM
interesting Nato wil probbally get involved with this

Selah
07-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Somebody loves geography!

all over a rock. if it was made of gold then ok go for it but scence it isnt...

Brian
07-17-2002, 11:05 PM
I bet people will get involved, probably NATO and the UN, but I don't think we will beyond possibly some statements. Now, assuming I deciphered Darunia's post correctly ;), I believe that Spain and Morocco are going to war over an island, and a small one, considering people are refering to it as "a rock". Well, I think there is little doubt who will win the war (Spain), but it is a shame, as both countries are generally good. (ethically speaking)

I wonder, when was the last time there was a war over territory in the civilized world? Not a long very time, I think. Imagine hearing your son died in a war over who gets technical ownership of an island.

Selah
07-17-2002, 11:08 PM
Uh vietnam was about land or didnt you get that?

Brian
07-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Vietnam was a much larger piece of land, but thats not the main point. Nam was about preventing the spread of communism, and keeping the Southern Vietnamese free of the Vietcong, who were cruel to them and often terrorised them. A much more noble ideal then two civil countries fighting over an island. It wasn't about, at least for us, about how we want to own that land, but so does somebody else. Now, would you want your son, or you, to get killed in the name of that noble ideal? Thats for you to decide. But I think nobody would over this latest war.