PDA

View Full Version : Windows Users...

teddyboy420
07-17-2002, 12:40 PM
I just found the coolest theme changer for windows.

It's called WindowsBlinds, it gives you complete control over the display properties. Anyone who is bored w/ their windows themes should DEFINETLEY check it out. :thumbsup:

gdorf
07-17-2002, 12:44 PM
Can you give us a link?

AtmaWeapon
07-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Windowblinds is pretty popular, I can't give you a link but I bet you a dollar you could find it at www.download.com.

gdorf
07-17-2002, 01:56 PM
I don't even run windows, heh. I just thought the post seemed a little incomplete.

Fatty Lumpkin
07-17-2002, 01:58 PM
Even improving windows a tiny bit is worth it.

King Link
07-17-2002, 05:36 PM
I use WindowBlinds and WinStyles, they are really cool and you can make 95 or 98 look exactly like ANYTHING or even XP. You can download free versions.

http://www.stardock.com/products/winstyles/ (WinStyles)
http://www.windowblinds.net/ (WindowBlinds)
http://www.wincustomize.com (Get skins)

goKi
07-17-2002, 11:41 PM
thats what i need, my windows xp looks a little boring.

AlexMax
07-17-2002, 11:50 PM
It is OK, I used it for a while, but it was just too big of a drain on resources for me. Not to mention the nag screen, and it crashed on me once or twice.

And when I uninstalled it, it kept trying to find the files at startup.

Toolie
07-18-2002, 01:06 AM
WindowsBlinds is trash. If you use XP, go to www.themexp.org and get StyleXP. There are some themes available that put the Mac OS to shame.

teddyboy420
07-18-2002, 10:04 PM
sorry, I stared the thread and haven't checked in a while.

AW would've won a dollar it is available at download.com, you can also get it at the sites that king link posted.

I have also read reviews where people said it was too big of a drain, but I really haven't had a problem. True, it takes a few more seconds to load at start-up, and if you don't buy the "full" version you get an annoying nag screen.But the "full" version is only $20 and I think that it's deffinatley worth it. Even if you can't afford the $20, the shareware is still the shit.

If you don't have XP, there's only so many things you can do to make you desktop more intresting and even the things that are customizable get boring very quickly. I've tried a bunch of differrent programs to make windows more intresting and so far, this works the best.

King Link
07-19-2002, 12:09 AM
I agree, and if it is too big a drain, you can just get rid of it, which I haven't found to really be a problem. The nag screen is quite annoying and, well, nagging, but I don't find it to really be a problem to too large an extent.

Menokh
07-19-2002, 12:11 AM
You people want an annoying nag screen?
If you ever install Linux, go download and install the demo version of Crossover Plugin. Launch the config program and install Windows Media Player, now try to watch an AVI that is over 5 minutes long. A nag screen will pop up every 30 seconds and stay there for 5 seconds, and block the entire movie in the process. Now that is annoying.

MottZilla
07-20-2002, 05:43 PM
I like the MacOS skin.

teddyboy420
07-21-2002, 02:12 AM
My favorite is one called XPSchwarz

ZeldaFan001
07-21-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
It is OK, I used it for a while, but it was just too big of a drain on resources for me. Not to mention the nag screen, and it crashed on me once or twice.

And when I uninstalled it, it kept trying to find the files at startup.
That happened to me as well. I wish I had more resources. I have Windows 98 and it does a poor job at system resources. One good reason to switch to XP.

MottZilla
07-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Really the "only" good reason to switch to XP. Really you think they would get off their asses and FIX win98 to handle resources like XP can. Then Win98 really would be the ultimate winOS.