PDA

View Full Version : Zelda 2: The Adventure of LINK

Mak-X
07-17-2002, 02:46 AM
http://members.aol.com/captiann64/misc/HyruleFantasyV12.mid

I did it. I beat Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link for the second time! Ha!

Had all the items, heart containers, magic containers, level 8 on everything. Before I headed to the Great Palace, I gathered 3 1-ups I had been saving. Getting through the Valley of Death took patience. With all the Moas flying around a quick run and jump through the areas would result in a quick death in the pit. I took them down as they came, and made sure to use the jump spell on that last wide pit, not taking any chances with lives like that.

The Great Palace. Ominous, huge, scary, dangerous. I did use the NES Atlas the first time I went through the Great Palace last time, so I remember some areas and I did take Cloral's advice of just going right mainly. That place is dangerous! Those flying skull fish now shoot fire instead of rocks, along with those plants. Most the time the plan was basically "run like hell". Those Blue and I think red bird guardians are though. They're like Blue Ironknuckles through swords, but they can jump high, and they agressively persue you. I took out a couple by upstabing when they came at me in one of those narrow ways with the blocks. Before you get to the bird creatures, there's a neat forshadowing with a statue of one in the room before. I went through one area that had the curtains at the top like a boss room, vaguely remembering it, but knowing this wasn't it. Did I have to fight a boss? A giant Bubble with a more menacing appearence showed up "what the hell is that!?!". I knew I was going the right way when I found the small passage way with the blocks covering the hidden pit, and realized the final area was a little ways up still. A upcoming room had one of those crumbling bridges that you walk on, and then I saw the pit in the middle with the two walls "That's it!" and jumped, leading to the final area. It was empty like there would be something there, but there was not and just as I made my way to the next room a GIANT BOT suddenly appears and falls "what the hell!!" I was surprised. And then it turned into many bots. I dispatched them all, then prepared my self for the next room. LIFE. SHEILD. OK here we go (you can see your in the final room because of the columns and then the middle platform). Here's the Thunderbird! THUNDER! JUMP Oh god! Fire falling. I die. Repeat. I do better this time, not using jump and saving my magic, dodging most of the fire and striking when I could. And the final blow! Grabbed the red potion from the previous room and filled up.

There's the Triforce of Courage, and a little man with a cane! Then the final battle began as Link's shadow leapt out. Blocking every blow. CHING! BOIRING! I die. Repeat! How do I beat him? Jump and attack him like last time! The battle raged on! The Shadow was relentless. You can really appreciate the intellegence of the enemies. Sometimes the blows would stop and Dark Link and I would just stand there when we were apart, until I moved in, starting again. LIFE! Yes! C'mon, your the one! You will do this! I don't want to have to Game Over and Continue!
In the end a final jump slash dealt the final blow to Dark Link. The little man awarded Link the Triforce of Courage, and with it and the other 2 pieces of Wisdom and Power, he broke the spell on the sleeping Princess Zelda. Cool.

http://members.aol.com/captiann64/misc/linkvsshadow.jpg

vegeta1215
07-17-2002, 03:02 AM
I love Zelda 2. I wish they would make another Zelda game like it, or at least re-release it for GBA or something.

btw, there is a easy way to beat Dark Link, but like you, I toughed it out on my first time through. The easy almost cheating way is too easy. Overall, I think Thunderbird is harder than Dark Link. Too many fireballs...

Mak-X
07-17-2002, 03:07 AM
Dark Link was harder for me. I could dodge the fireballs of the Thunderbird and jump slash the head, Dark Link was hard to actually hit and defend against. I think I've heard you can cheese him or something, like get him into a corner. Fighting enemies like that was just cool. I really liked how Dark Link would just stand there when Link and him were apart, giving a brief rest, like they're both standing there with exhaustion.

slothman
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
I also think Thunderbird is harder than Link's shadow but the Birdknuckles are harder than both.

Happyman
07-17-2002, 08:04 PM
THE BIRDS!! AHHHHHHH!! (I wish I could jump like that)

Thunderbird! AHHHHH! (See, not as many H's, they're easier)

Dark Link. AHH. (He's hard?)

The Silent Assassin
07-17-2002, 08:20 PM
Link's Shadow was a bitch the firs time around.

AtmaWeapon
07-17-2002, 09:05 PM
I've never beaten it, and actually never gotten past the first palace. :( The only Zelda game I've never beaten. Anyone feel like giving me some general pointers?

Mak-X
07-17-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
I've never beaten it, and actually never gotten past the first palace. :( The only Zelda game I've never beaten. Anyone feel like giving me some general pointers?

Its a very difficult game, but its not impossible difficult.

Be careful when jumping over pits that enemies don't hurt you.

Use your Shield to block just about everything, and agressively fight Ironknuckles.

Save Magic for Life, and use Shield on Bosses. Can't think of much unless your stuck in the game. The rest comes from skill of playing.

The Silent Assassin
07-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Don't get the free lives until you are ready to tackle the final level.

AtmaWeapon
07-17-2002, 09:29 PM
I figure with practice, I'll tackle it. I just need to get an AC adapter...

Mak-X
07-17-2002, 09:52 PM
www.thegametrader.com
www.gamestop.com

Try your local Electronics Boutqiue, Babbages, and Gamestop, though I think you'd have to buy a whole NES...

vegeta1215
07-18-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon

Like Mak said, conserve your magic, but when you have to, spend some time stocking up on it.

The blue blobs in dungeons drop blue magic jars after you kill so many of them (6?). When you see some in a dungeon, and no other enemies are around, kill them, walk away, then walk back and kill them again. Sure it takes a while sometime, but it can really save you in tight spots. (especially in the Great Palace!)

Also, always cast shield magic when fighting the dungeon guardians...oops, Mak already said that. Ok, if you're really having trouble in a dungeon, spend some time building your levels then try again. As a general rule, I recommend building before each dungeon, at least up to the next attack level. If you do that, the baddies in the level should be pushovers.

King Link
07-19-2002, 12:26 AM
I can't wait until Z2E comes further along in dev. and is released. I can't wait for it.

I've never had the chance to play Zelda II on NES.

commandr
07-20-2002, 05:20 PM
I wish someone would finish a really GOOD editor (ala Zelda Classic) for it! :cry:

Mak-X
07-20-2002, 05:22 PM
www.thegaminguniverse.net "Zelda 2 Enhanced" , but its not done and no where near done, if that's what you were talking about.