PDA

View Full Version : It might be possible to have multiple screen warps now.

ShadowTiger
07-16-2002, 04:41 PM
This isn't help for me, but help for everyone else. I don't want to put it into the ZQuest Third Party Editions just yet because I want some anonymous testers first. My versions keeps blinking out on me. (See my other threads to see why.)

(And if I am breaking any rules by accident, I apologize.)

As it says, It might be possible to have multiple screen warps now. It uses the pit combos mostly.

Have two or more pit tiles with whatever appearance you want anywhere you want. Preferably with a lot of space between them.

Set aside some combos somewhere that look like part of the next screens. They must blend in, but still have the pit characteristic. Link must never come into contact with these tiles! Block them off somehow.

Then make them all warp to the same screen. Now put pit tiles in the same place on that screen, except for one. This is the one where we want to stop here. Then set the next warp that you want all the other pit tiles to take you, and where you want that one to stop, don't put a pit tile under that one, but put one under all the other ones. (Under is, as I said, in the same position as in the previous screen.) Now wherever Link steps into a pit tile (It might look like a door or cave or stairs, but it must be a pit!) he will continuously fall through pits untill he falls onto the floor where he wants. You can just keep going many times.

Now here is the interesting part. :naughty:
You can make one of those pit tiles a stair tile, so when he warps to the next scene from that stair tile you can put him somewhere with the link appear buttons.

Happyman
07-16-2002, 05:37 PM
You're idea might work, but there is a better and easier way.

How about use 3-stair warp rooms and make the warp rings. You're only limited in number and you could run out. But it's much easier and with less limitations.

Nick
07-16-2002, 08:04 PM
It is much easier to use stair combos, pit combos, and sidewarps. They fit very nice and I use this often in EE.

Don't forget conveyors. -_-

StarFox
07-16-2002, 08:39 PM
The way I do it is the same as Nick, namely using pits, stairs, sidewarps, conveyors, and layers. I figured this out on my own, then realized that Nick did the same thing with EE, and did it first. I believe Nick actually invented the sidewarp method of multiple tile warps, and it works best with the most freedom.

Happyman
07-16-2002, 08:52 PM
I don't like using the conveyors that much, I just use the above method.

I never need to use multi-tile warps though...

Nick
07-16-2002, 08:55 PM
Immortal Warrior invented my method of multiple warps before me, but I also figured it out on my own.

ShadowTiger
07-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Nick: How does your method work? I can't wait to find out how the experts do it!

StarFox
07-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Go here (http://zc.pixelclick.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=160).

Both Nick and I give explanations, but Nick's is clearer.

Cloral
07-18-2002, 02:19 AM
Or you can use my method, which is virtually seamless.

I posted about it in the topic about things to add to the ZQuest tutorial. I'll see if I can dig up a link...

http://boards.armageddongames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48575
it's my second post in the topic.

StarFox
07-18-2002, 02:36 AM
The 3-stair warp method can be used to make 3 buildings, 3 warps, ect., but I prefer the side warp method when applying multiple tile warps to create certain effects. You have more freedom using the sidewarp method, although the 3-stair warp method can be easier to make. It all depends on the situation and your personal taste.