PDA

View Full Version : My Guys never appear here!

ShadowTiger
07-16-2002, 10:32 AM
I am having some troubles with custom shops.
I make them like revenge 2, I set the cave on the overworld, then when Link enters the shop, there is no guy there. It has the "cave" characteristic, is Dmap 25, has the Z64 shop midi, is level 0, has a set continue with a check mark next to continue, and has the map correctly set. All internal information like guy, string, room type, shop type, etc. is set correctly. But the guy never appears! This happens specifically when tile-warping directly to the screen with the guy. When I no-clipped from somewhere in the same map, the guy was there, selling his cr**.
Please tell me that this is a bug, and I am not going insane... Its driving me crazy over what is probably nothing.

ZeldaLord
07-16-2002, 10:49 AM
Set it to level 99 (or any level you're sure not to use for dungeons).

ShadowTiger
07-16-2002, 04:17 PM
That'll work? Thanks for the advice. But why does it do that? Is it because no guy can appear on the overworld itself? Thanks.

Happyman
07-16-2002, 07:13 PM
Right.

That level number is a very very tricky one. It must have caused 100 questions to be posted in this forum.

No, I'm not insulting you by saying you're some stupid idiot who does his level numbers wrong. Don't worry.

Ganonator
07-19-2002, 02:02 AM
i've never gotten the 'cave' to work properly with guys. If it is a dungeon, it will definitely work

Cyclone
07-19-2002, 01:50 PM
Hey, I once had that same problem with level numbers. And to prove how human I am, I forgot it twice in the same quest. :eek:

Cyclone

K-Teclis
07-20-2002, 09:25 AM
We all are humans... right?
I hope so.. Everybody can forget that!