PDA

View Full Version : No topic spoilers please?

Mak-X
07-15-2002, 09:49 PM
This isn't a command or anything of course, but I don't think its too much to ask, though maybe I'm making too big a deal about it. I plan on ignoring anymore previews and information on the upcoming Zelda for GCN, just like I did with Ocarina of Time. Playing a game with only knowing the basics of what happens makes it so much more rewarding. I don't want to come off wrong or anything, but could everyone not post something like *EDITED OUT* instead with something like "New info on Zelda's plot" for lack of a better example. I want to play this game not knowing much more than there is now, and although I'd be skipping the topics that deal with this, a topic title would just ruin that.
If this seems selfish, and it probably seems sill, then I understand, I'm only asking that's all.

Please don't put spoilers in topic titles, save the spoilers for the actually topic so people can click it if they want to or not if they don't want to be spoiled

Tygore
07-15-2002, 10:09 PM
TYGORE'S RULES OF SPOILERS!
1)If there is a spoiler in a topic you make, add CONTAINS SPOILERS (or something similar) in the topic title.
2)Never reveal ANYTHING without a waarning, and make people willingly CLICK SOMETHING!
3)If, in a topic, it is not possible to include a link, make the subject say CONTAINS SPOILERS (or something similar).
4)A spoiler is defined as anything that can ruin (spoil) the storyline/potential drama of a game/movies. Older games/movies do not count unless they are good and are still being picked up by new people. Chrono Trigger is a good example.

vegeta1215
07-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Well said Mak.

I too hate spoilers about games I'm excite about. Luckily, I knew nothing about OoT before I actually got it. NP had a few early development screen shots, but that's it. When I first played it and walked out to Hyrule Field and saw the sun rise, it was pure magic.

I can't wait for the GCN Zelda

Mak-X
07-16-2002, 02:16 AM
I think the last thing I really looked at was looking through the 100 screenshots of Zelda 64, I think I broke down and had to look, didn't really reveal anything, except the basics like having a horse. For some reason I got the impression that there would be an evil horse in some point in the game, and it would replace Epona at some point. When Nintendo Power started with their previews and reviews I didn't read it.
My first experiences with Ocarina of Time weren't that good...it was a great game but...I waited until Christmas to get it (told my mom to get the one I reserved and give it as a present so I could play it when I had time during Christmas), and I didn't get the Gold Cartridge, me, not having the gold cartridge, gold cartridge...and my family got a PC, and my TV was dead so I had to play downstairs and keep the volume down, CANNOT PLAY WITHOUT SOUND LOUD ENOUGH!! but i'm getting off track here.

Some surprising moments with Ocarina of Time were when you get the 3 stones and go to see Zelda and Link's dream becomes a reality, the Temple of Time had the Master Sword, Dark Link in the Water Temple (awesome surprise!), Sheik's identity, Ganon has Power, Zelda Wisdom, and Link Courage, and the hand thingy from Zelda 2, and finally GANON.

Orion
07-16-2002, 11:55 AM
I'm gonna freeze this topic for a couple days, just so people see that it is common courtesy.

Icey
07-16-2002, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the notice Mak. I find it frustrating when I see spoilers in the topic title.

KJAZZ
07-18-2002, 01:52 AM
Yeah, its annoying. I don't mind spoilers, but for the GCN Zelda, I don't want anything. Well Said Mak.

Raichu86
07-18-2002, 05:56 PM
Good idea. I remember in OoT, somebody told me that Sheik was really Zelda. Ruined things for me big time. :sweat:

Icey
07-18-2002, 08:36 PM
haha you just put a spoiler in the no spoliers announcement thread... but its old so hopefully anyone who comes in here and reads it will have already known. ;). Yeah, my friend ruined everything about OoT for me because he always talked about the stupid stragety guide. Even when I told him to shut up.

Raichu86
07-18-2002, 08:48 PM
The game's nearly 4 years old. I think that is old enough to post what I posted. :lol:

Icey
07-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Yes, I know. I was kinda trying to say that. Its no big deal, I wasnt trying to flame or anything. ;)

NerdWarrior
07-20-2002, 03:46 PM
Mak, I hope that those examples were fake...

Mak-X
07-20-2002, 04:58 PM
I'm Sorry, thats kinda ironic, should have thought of something better, they're gone. Yes, those examples were FAKE, that's exactly the kind of stuff I don't want to see.