PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Love Penny Arcade!

theplustwo
07-14-2002, 04:29 PM
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20020712l.gif

Ahh, it just says it all.

Beldaran
07-14-2002, 05:06 PM
LMAO I agree. I know too many people like that and they all do seem to use macs.:laughing:

vegeta1215
07-14-2002, 07:03 PM
It was kinda funny at first, but I dont' see what the Penny Arcade guys have against Apple. They say they don't like the whole "switch" thing, and commercials they're doing, but how are possible customers going to know there is an alternative to Windows out there if Apple doesn't advertise!

I like Apple, they have style (and cool ideas)

theplustwo
07-14-2002, 07:05 PM
Its not that apple in itself is bad, I know some cool people who use apple, but they do seem to attract these artsy pansy 'holier than thou' bastards.

Menokh
07-14-2002, 10:58 PM
You know why these 'holier than thou' people tend to use Macs(though not always)? It's because they really want to appear better.

Now Macs are great, and in fact I'll be getting one soon(hmm... dual booting Mac OS X and Mandrake Linux). But it is a damned shame that these assholes(the holier than thou people) use Macs for such a stupid reason, it is bad for Apple's image.

AlexMax
07-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Mandrake has a PPC distro?

Menokh
07-14-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
Mandrake has a PPC distro?

Yes.
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppc.php3

And it is simply the best PPC distro available.

theplustwo
07-14-2002, 11:24 PM
ya! if I had a mac I would definately run mandrake on it! that would be 'leet. Of course, I can never get used to their stupid mice. But they do have cool 'industrial' style design. One other thing I don't like about apple is that they kinda started the whole 'candy coating' of computers, with the pastel translucent iMacs and stuff

Menokh
07-14-2002, 11:28 PM
You can buy a different mouse. In fact most USB mice work on a mac, even MS mice.
And they seem to have dumped the colorful look, thankfully. I don't really want a purple computer. However the present models are nice, and they look cool too.

Saffith
07-14-2002, 11:30 PM
Heh. A friend of my mother's got a Mac recently. She was so proud of herself for getting a computer. But the reason she chose the particular computer she did was because it matched the (pink!) wallpaper...

Menokh
07-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Saffith
Heh. A friend of my mother's got a Mac recently. She was so proud of herself for getting a computer. But the reason she chose the particular computer she did was because it matched the (pink!) wallpaper...

Well.... I guess someone found a use for the G3 pink Imacs.
I wouldn't think Apple could actually sell that color. In fact they don't even offer that color any more, and are trying their damndest to get rid of th old G3 imacs.

teddyboy420
07-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by fmehmobile
Its not that apple in itself is bad, I know some cool people who use apple, but they do seem to attract these artsy pansy 'holier than thou' bastards.

The reason all those artsy fools use apple (I think) is because apple has better editing programs and stuff like that. I don't know, at my school Apples are in all the Art labs and stuff. Art majors even get Apple laptops while everyone else gets Windows based laptops.