PDA

View Full Version : Which should I do?

AtmaWeapon
07-14-2002, 01:26 PM
I'm getting in a Zelda mood, and I don't feel like I've really played the N64 games enough. I'm thinking of replaying them both without a walkthrough for the first time ever, but which game should I play first?

I wanted to do a Zelda marathon, and beat every console (non-gameboy, I don't have OoS) Zelda game from Zelda 1 to MM, but I don't have the AC adapter for my NES anymore. I can't wait for my credit card to come in so I can get one. So, I decided it would be the N64 ones, since I've beaten ALTTP about 10 times, and it's starting to bore me.

Anyway, choose my destiny!

Mak-X
07-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
I wanted to do a Zelda marathon, and beat every console (non-gameboy, I don't have OoS) Zelda game from Zelda 1 to MM, but I don't have the AC adapter for my NES anymore. I can't wait for my credit card to come in so I can get one.

I'm doing a Zelda marathon too!! Its my Summer of Zelda! I just beat Zelda 1 yesterday, and Ocarina of Time last week. I beat a linked Oracle of Ages game a week ago. Zelda 2 starts today. Then its going to be the finale with Zelda 3: A Link to the Past.

Play Ocarina of Time first, or out of the 2 play Ocarina of Time. Play Majora's Mask next after that (its a psuedo sequel to Ocarina of Time, but doesn't continue the story).

When my final exams were done for last semester, I started to have the urge to play Ocarina of Time again, and just started playing. I played it fully for the second time, and really enjoyed it.

vegeta1215
07-14-2002, 06:54 PM
OoT, then MM. Hopefully after another time through, you will come to find that MM is truely a better game, despite what many people will argue.

That reminds me...I should play MM through again, I've only done it once.

3-Headed Monkey
07-14-2002, 08:13 PM
I think the concept of MM is pretty dumb, I never really played it, but I only know of one person that I've ever met that liked it (no offense Tygore). So, I'd say OoT.

Elemental Knight
07-15-2002, 11:46 AM
Go in chronological order, OoT first. That way, you can appreciate it when Link finally gets a baldric to put his sheath on.

Tygore
07-15-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 3-Headed Monkey
I think the concept of MM is pretty dumb, I never really played it, but I only know of one person that I've ever met that liked it (no offense Tygore). So, I'd say OoT.

:glare:

mrz84
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
hmmm.....i think you should go with MM first. it has the classic zelda theme remixed into it. :kawaii: i used to waste so much time listening to the music play. :kawaii:

E-FORCE
07-15-2002, 07:52 PM
You don't need the AC adapter to play your nes. On the right side, you will see a video and audio out plug. Just use regular cables that you would normally use for vcrs, dvds, or sound system and plug them in the video and audio in plugs. I have been using that setup just recently with Zelda 1 and 2, so it should work.
Whoops. I really need to get some sleep. I have not been sleeping good since I started playing Zelda 2 a few days ago. I think the game brought back a few bad memories of playing it.

Mak-X
07-15-2002, 08:29 PM
AC adapter is for the Power, R/F switch or A/V cables is for hooking it to your TV.

AtmaWeapon
07-17-2002, 09:10 PM
OK, due to the overwhelming vote, I'm going to play OoT first, then MM. I feel MM is a more fun game to play, but OoT feels more like a Zelda game to me. Get ready to hear me pissed off when I get to the water temple! I'm beginning tonight.

Elemental Knight
07-17-2002, 09:37 PM
Aw, geeze, the Water Temple... Just don't forget about the keys under neath the floating platform in the centreal room, and the one behind a bombable wall where you find someone.