PDA

View Full Version : Puchout for NES

Beldaran
07-13-2002, 05:52 PM
Has anyone ever beaten this game? Has anyone ever gotten past Mr. Sandman? Good Lord, he is difficult.

Just to clarify...I'm talking about the original NES punchout.

vegeta1215
07-14-2002, 01:09 AM
No, Mr Sandman is my limit :( Heck, Soda-Popinski and the 2nd Bald Bull are hard enough, I barely beat them.

I sure do love that game though. I heard somewhere Nintendo was making another Punch Out like game, possibly for the GBA, but I'm not sure.

Mak-X
07-14-2002, 01:16 AM
Punch Out!! will be one of the NES games you can earn in Animal Crossing for GCN that can be downloaded to your GBA for playing, as long as you don't turn it off.

Since I picked up Punch Out!! at Gamestop, I haven't been able to get past the second circuit boss in the few times I played. I noticed the sound instruments were the same used for Zelda 2, musta been made around the same time.

MottZilla
07-14-2002, 03:34 AM
I've gotten to the last match, the dream bout with mike tyson or whatever. I believe I lost though. =\ And you only get 1 shot at it. You can't continue on it.

Cloral
07-14-2002, 04:08 AM
At least you're lucky enough to have the original version with mike tyson still in it. The more recent versions have him replaced with mr. dream. :sick:

MottZilla
07-14-2002, 02:41 PM
Huh? My cart last i checked says "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!" Not just Punch Out.

I just checked. Yup I have the old version. ^-^

Mak-X
07-14-2002, 02:45 PM
EB World had about 3 copies of Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! version when I bought it used. I'd rather just get Punch Out!! though, just because its pure Nintendo.

Mr. Dream had turned into a nightmare
His fists had a taste of steel
I flinched from his assaulting
Apprehensions became real

Some hooks
A barrage of his claws
My heart-beats took a pause
Let's keep it clean, Punch out!!

Icey
07-14-2002, 03:01 PM
Ah I had Mike Tysons punchout! That little dude (Little Mack?) was pretty awesome. They had some interesting names for the boxers too... haha Glass Joe, Soda Popinski, etc. And yes, I have beaten Mike Tyson. I hated him because anything but a jab would knock you out automatically

MrCow
07-14-2002, 03:30 PM
lol wow i remember that game such a fun and hard game. if i could find my old nes i'd play it:Þ still have the original one like you mottz

Mak-X
07-14-2002, 03:55 PM
King Hippo was hilarious with his hopping up and down and the mouth opening and closing and the sound it made.

Icey
07-14-2002, 05:29 PM
haha yeah I forgot his name... haha he was pretty basic and easy tho... hillarious

WarOmnimon
07-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Punch-Out! was a very fun game. I never beat Mr. Dream/Mike Tyson, but I beat everyone else. Those were the days...

The Silent Assassin
07-15-2002, 01:29 PM
We beat it in my High School webmaster class back in spring of 2001...it was three of us, cuz each of us knew some of the enemies weaknesses.

Maverick_Zero
07-15-2002, 02:45 PM
That game is fun, but like most Old NES games I suck at it:D

3-Headed Monkey
07-16-2002, 01:35 AM
I beat this game! On an emulator using game genie codes...
I have it on my NES, but I could never beat Soda Popinski. I finally beat it on my emulator using game genie. Mr Dream was hard. (I had the version with Mr Dream.)

The Mr Dream version came second, right? All I know is I bought it brand new not long before they stopped selling NES games.

Warlock
07-16-2002, 01:41 AM
This is what happened:

-The game was originally "Mike Tyson's Punch Out!".. Mike Tyson was the last boss.

-Mike Tyson got POed that you could KO him (what an idiot) and forced Nintendo to take his name off there (because apparently he was "unbeatable".. hahahahahahaha!)

-Soooo.. Nintendo changed him to "Mr. Dream" and it became simply "Punch Out!"

I guess they once had a contest where you one something for hitting Tyson with a One-Hit KO or something.. I don't know, but I remember my friend telling me about it back when the game was actually somewhat new :D hehe.. I guess he said he had a friend who could actually do it, but he never entered the contest.. although I dunno if that was true or not :)