PDA

View Full Version : Games that you can't stand to beat, take two!

Qusetonui
07-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Name a game that was so hard, you couldn't beat it. It could be one of the best games you played, or it could be a favorite of yours.

So far, it is Castlevania 3. Those terrible trio is making it harder, and Death will make my quest harder than as it is. I hope I can beat this game and win the Trevor and Alucard ending.

Another runner up would be Fester's Quest (I was under hypnosis when I typed it up, this is when it actually appeared.) because I seemed to be lost when I had this game. I couldn't find the spaceship, and when I did, the game STOPPED. After a few hours of fun, the game froze and that was it for the NES.

Now name a game that you couldn't beat and why.

Maverick_Zero
07-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Sonic Adventrue, very fun until you had to do the BIG THE CAT LEVELS THEY MADE ME SO MAD ALL I WANT TO DO IS PLAY AS SUPER SONIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orion
07-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Quest 64. Top of my list.

Luigi's Mansion. Need I say more.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness. Paid $12 for it. More expensive doorstop I ever bought.

Beldaran
07-13-2002, 02:42 PM
I've never beaten Zelda 2, the adventure of Link because the people's text boxes are SOOO damn slow that I just didn't have the patience. Also, I hated the game and thought it was boring.

UN Squadron was too hard for me to beat.

I've never beaten the first mario game either.

And I've never had the guts/patience/time to beat any metroid games.

The Silent Assassin
07-13-2002, 03:20 PM
Are you being sarcastic, Orion? I hope so, all of those games were a joke to beat...

UN Squadron...had to use Game Genie to beat it in the end...bosses were fucking insane near the end.

Blast Corps Platinum Medals...impossibility at its best.

Games I've recently given up on because I hate the gameplay, making it too hard for me:

Secret of Mana
Illusion of Gaia

Lone Wolf
07-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Where to start is my new question.

Beldaran
07-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by The Silent Assassin

UN Squadron...had to use Game Genie to beat it in the end...bosses were fucking insane near the end.

Yeah I got pretty far too, but then I just got my ass kicked.

Its a fun game though.

MottZilla
07-13-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Orion
Quest 64. Top of my list.

Luigi's Mansion. Need I say more.

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness. Paid $12 for it. More expensive doorstop I ever bought.

I'll buy that off you. I want CV LoD.

Cronic
07-13-2002, 05:21 PM
I've never met a video game that I liked enoughh to want to beat, but couldn't...

And the platinum medals on blast corps weren't too bad, TSA.

I'm impressed at how difficult it is to get a gold medal in Rogue leader though.

Ganonator
07-13-2002, 05:28 PM
I beat Fester's Quest the same summer i beat Milon's Secret Castle... those old NES games were great even though impossible... i'd say the original Top Gun is totally fucking impossible.. yeah. and maybe even .. FF1.. even though i've beaten it

Orion
07-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Ah, we're going on difficulty. I thought sheer retardedness was the thing here. My bad. Games too hard to beat... I have yet to not beat a game because it was too hard. Zelda II took me almost 6 years though :D.

Elemental Knight
07-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Well, lesse...

Zelda II. I only just beat LoZ's first and second quest (in ZC), so I suppose this is next on my list. I'll have to grab my old NES out of the basement and see if it still works...

Aiden Chronicles: The First Mage. The fact that almost every battle you get into is 1) Fairly pointless and 2) yields little or no Gold and EXP pretty much stopped me after the first true town.

It took me a few years to beat StarFox (SNES), and that's the Easy path. I haven't even tried the Medium and Hard paths, let alone try to get into the Balck Hole.

Final Fantasy VI. The Phoenix Cave pretty much stopped me right there, and I think the save file got corrupted by a bad Game Genie code, so in some battles the menues would wierd out on me.

Cloral
07-13-2002, 07:22 PM
I've beaten Fester's Quest and Zelda II. I didn't really think fester's Quest was that hard, it was just annoying that there was no way to save your progress.

And Aidyn Chronicles got really stupid really fast. I was dissipointed with Quest because it wasn't RPGish enough, but Aidyn was way too RPGish to the point of being annoying to play.
One game I never beat was Phantasy Star 2. I got all the way to the end of the frigging thing, but never did beat Mother Brain - on my own save game that is. When I bought it used, the last owner had left a really good save file right in front of Mother Brain, so I beat it from there. But that doesn't really count. I got to Mother Brain on my own game, I just didn't have enough patience to level up enough to beat her.

Thunderbird
07-13-2002, 07:33 PM
Games I have, but have never beaten, that's a tough one.

Top Gun 2 (how the hell can I avoid smacking a tree halfway in the 2nd stage? :tongue: )
Sonic 2 (Game Gear), can't ever find all 6 Chaos Emeralds so I can't get to Crystal Egg (I don't count the ending after Silver Sonic to be the true one).
Gear Works (Game Gear), gets pretty difficult by the 6th area. Never gone past there I think.

I think that's about it (for old games that is). Although I have to admit that I don't remember which games I have for old systems ;).

Saffith
07-13-2002, 10:05 PM
Not many, really. There are lots of games I haven't bothered to finish for various reasons, but few I just can't. And those few, I usually just get a rom and cheat.
Robotrek. I've never finished that. Some of those bosses are really damn tough, and I don't always have the patience to gain enough levels. (And the translation sucks.)