PDA

View Full Version : Lynx

Cloral
07-13-2002, 04:34 AM
When the Lynx first came out my dad got me one. I played it for quite a while on road trips. Then on one road trip some stupid kid tried to plug in the wrong connecter for the cigarette lighter adapter and broke the power plug on the Lynx. This meant that I could only play it off battery power. Well, the thing gobbles 6 batteries in about 6 hours, so I didn't play it much anymore. But we recently got another one off eBay, so now I can plug it in and play it again, if nothing else, for old time's sake. Thing's like 4 times as heavy as my GBA.

Who else here has a Lynx? Anybody got any interesting games? I've got like 25 for it.

MottZilla
07-13-2002, 04:40 AM
I think I got a Lynx emu before because there was Ninja Gaiden 1 and 3 on it. You should try to find those.

Saffith
07-13-2002, 09:50 AM
I've got a Lynx. Have 15 games for it.
Used to bring it everywhere, even just out for dinner. We must have spent hundreds on batteries...

Not many particularly good games. California Games, Pinball Jam, and Qix were always my favorites, though Xenophobe and Xybots were fun. And I kinda got into Bill and Ted for a bit. Heh, every game seems like an oddity.

Cloral
07-13-2002, 06:08 PM
Bill and Ted was really strange, wasn't it? I could only get as far as Europe though.

California games was my favorite - kinda silly that the game that came with the system was the best. But it's also good that way. I used to play BMX on it so much.

Here's a list of my games. I'm also giving out some stars to the better ones.

* Paperboy
APB
Rampart
* Chip's Challenge
* Crystal Mines 2
Klax
Rygar
* Scrapyard Dog
* Lemmings
Checkered Flag
Shanghai
Awesome Golf
Ninja Gaiden
* DOuble Dragen
Jimmy COnner's Tennis
Zarlor Mercenary
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Batman Returns (quite nice graphics)
Rampage
Turbo Sub
Xenophobe
Gaultlet 3
Warbirds
Viking Child
* Asteroids + Missle Command
Electrocop
Slime World
** California games

If I can count, that's 28 games. I didn't know I had quite that many!