PDA

View Full Version : Noooo!!! Suikoden 3 Is Exclusive To Ps2!!!!

3-Headed Monkey
07-13-2002, 12:03 AM
Yes, I pretty much always expected it... I just wish that Suikoden 3 would come to Gamecube...

Am I the only one on AGN that has even HEARD of Suikoden?

Lone Wolf
07-13-2002, 12:12 AM
Ummm well I could care less, but hahahahaha PS2 4life.

Well I think people who bought the ps2 got a great machine that will last and get great games.

mike5000
07-13-2002, 01:02 AM
Oh oH I have Suikoden 1 and that game Ruled ass! its old but has a really good story!!!! I have never played 2 though!

Rijuhn
07-13-2002, 01:25 AM
I love Secret of Mana for SNES (2nd game) but I'm stuck and I don't know where to go :(. I can't get out of Upperland, well I can, but I don't know where to go to next.

3-Headed Monkey
07-13-2002, 02:26 AM
I'm not mad... but I am wondering, how did we get on the topic of Secret of Mana?

I think I get it, I think you're confusing Suikoden with Seiken Densetsu (another really great game, along with SD2 (SoM) and SD3). I'm just trying to un-confuse myself...

Maverick_Zero
07-13-2002, 08:55 AM
I never played suikoden, i'm trying to borrow it from a friend but he's kinda forgetful. Anyway Suikoden III looks sweet real good graphics but when is it comin out

Gerudo
07-13-2002, 09:07 AM
what is suidoken? forgive my ignorance... im not up to speed on these things :shrug:

Rijuhn
07-13-2002, 09:40 AM
WTF, I thought Suikoden was Secret of Mana, but SoM is Seiken Densetsu 2, not Suikoden 2. Dammit, this is why I hate Japanese game names, it's too confusing.

3-Headed Monkey
07-13-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Gerudo
what is suidoken? forgive my ignorance... im not up to speed on these things :shrug:

Believe me, not many people know about Suikoden, you're not as ignorant as you think.

Suikoden is a PSX RPG (And it's not an import, it's called Suikoden in America, too) made by Konami. The first one is pretty old, but it's the best RPG I've played IMO, and I HAVE played Chrono Trigger. The story is amazing, and also very depressing. It's about a revolution, to put it simply, but there are many elements of the game that I can't really explain.
The problem with Suikoden is that Konami puts almost no effort into advertising it in magazines. I saw I think ads for Suikoden 2 for only two monthes in a row, when some games last a LONG time in the magazine ads. If Konami would put more funding into advertising it, I guarantee you most magazines and websites would be comparing it to the Final Fantasy series, and pretty much every other Square game.

Saffith
07-13-2002, 11:07 AM
I've heard of Suikoden, but I'm afraid I know little about it.
If I remember correctly, Suikoden 2 has 108 characters and something called Stars of Destiny, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.
And that's about all I know. Though everyone does say they're quite good games. Perhaps I'll see if I can't find them somewhere...

3-Headed Monkey
07-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Actually, Suikoden 1 is the one with the 108 stars of destiny, and finding them is one of the great things about Suikoden. I think Suikoden 2 has more than 108.

I'm still anxiously awaiting Suikoden 2 in the mail!

Maverick_Zero
07-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Yeah, from what I have heard Suikoden 2 has 150-200 something characters, and in a game informer issue it shows how to get them all, but not exactly in depth.

Gerudo
07-13-2002, 01:11 PM
ah! thanks for the fill-in! sounds like a kickass game

but i aint got a PSX :\