PDA

View Full Version : Should gaming related topics be forced to be in GGD?

Brian
07-12-2002, 10:22 PM
Personally, I think yes. It just helps to keep things more organized, and we have been getting a good deal of them in plain GD lately. It makes since to have topics classified. That way, when a member feels like talking about gaming, they can go to GGD, knowing all the gaming topics are there. When they don't, they can come to plain GD. Not a big problem, but I think having some forced organization would make things better.
(note that this is just a suggestion for a policy change, that I know people currently can post where ever they want, and that I know Warlord, not I, runs these forums, so don't even start with that ;))

[damnit, I meant to have that be a poll... if any mod wants to add a poll with this topic's subject as a question, and only choices yes/no, I'd be thankful]

slothman
07-12-2002, 10:24 PM
I think all "general" forums show be free reign but people or mod can suggest the starter to allow it to be moved. "Special" forums like ASWGL and GGD should have requirements though. Basically keep it the same.

Mak-X
07-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Well, definitely in the case of Zelda Classic where someone is coming to GD to ask a tech question it should at least be moved to ZC Discussion...

vegeta1215
07-13-2002, 12:37 AM
As Mak said, maybe in special cases, but for the most part, gaming posts are okay here in GD.

3-Headed Monkey
07-13-2002, 12:59 AM
it doesn't really matter to me either way, I'll follow whatever the rules say.

and then I'll eat some hay, and use some clay...

I only THINK I'm funny...

Selah
07-13-2002, 01:22 AM
Uh thats nice but Who cares. in oklahoma its against the law for women to do their own hair. but who cares?

The Silent Assassin
07-13-2002, 01:57 AM
I personally think it is the responsibility of the poster, not the mods. If it's not under their jurisdiction...they can't enforce it. But it's just common courtesy.

MottZilla
07-13-2002, 02:56 AM
No.

Cronic
07-13-2002, 03:09 AM
This is the place to go off topic and discuss anything

War Lord is pretty avid about that one and I personally have never really cared. Gaming discussion adds flavor to gd and not everyone goes to gen gaming so it basically just adds a little spice here and there.

CrAcKeR
07-13-2002, 11:33 AM
yes i agree with darth

Gerudo
07-13-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth Cronic

War Lord is pretty avid about that one and I personally have never really cared. Gaming discussion adds flavor to gd and not everyone goes to gen gaming so it basically just adds a little spice here and there. exactly... after while, the lack of new topics, it gets stale... there aint enough gaming discussion to warrant a rule like this anyways...

besides, its not like you HAFTA click the topic and complain about it, right? those 'i think this is better suited in [insert place]' replies arent very nice... :\

King Link
07-13-2002, 01:18 PM
My personal opinion is that GGD was put here to discuss gaming, but if for some reason gaming is not precisely and specifically not wanted here in GD, then that should be specified.

I think this is the forum to go off topic and discuss anything, so gaming should be discussed here as well without others complaining about it. But if it isn't wanted, it must be specified.

Gerudo
07-13-2002, 01:27 PM
its not specified, and not unwanted.... WE NEED SPICE!!!!1111111

lol, anyways, i dont see why people moan and complain, its GD! ^_^ so how bout that weather today? somein else, eh? :laughing:

Brian
07-13-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by TSA:
I personally think it is the responsibility of the poster, not the mods. If it's not under their jurisdiction...they can't enforce it. But it's just common courtesy.
Well, I knew someone would post something like that as if I didn't know it. Yes, I know that, but that was the policy I was aiming to change.

But for the rest of you, I respect your opinion. I guess I just like my topics of conversation to be nice and organized, so I can go to the topics that I am in the mood for discussing at the time.

MottZilla
07-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Like I said... no... And the rules currently allow it.

Brian
07-13-2002, 04:23 PM
There is no need for these comments telling me that the rules currently allow it, or how it is now, as I know they do, and I know has it is now, and this whole topic was debating whether that policy would stay.

Think about it. If I didn't know that was a rule, why, or how, would I a make a topic about changing said rule? (the rule being that people CAN post gaming topics in GD)

I knew some people would post stuff like that. They always do. At least I didn't get the usual "Warlord makes the rules here Brian, not you." when discussing policy change.

MottZilla
07-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Ok. Well, I think that the way it is now is fine and what you are proposing isn't needed.