PDA

View Full Version : Arcanum. Great Game, but lotsa Monsters!

ShadowTiger
07-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Hi. Arcanum is great game indeed, but as the thread title says, it has a lot of monsters. Tough ones, that is. So I was wondering, has anyone come across any trainers that would freeze ones health points or fatigue? I am not really asking for one as much as I am asking if anyone has seen any working ones. I would be appreciative for any posts with links though.

But anyway, have you found the cheat for infinite money? IT ACTUALLY WORKS, too! It's just a tad tedius. You can get 100000 gold in about an hour. Not bad, huh? Okay. Go to Tarant. Now to Madam Lil's in the... er.. House of ill Repute. Do not buy any girls, but instead ask her for opportunities to get a girl. She will ask you to steal a necklace of someones. Do that quest. (I forgot most details about it.)

Then comes the fun part, if you can call it fun. Ask her again for more work, and she will tell you that a certain doorman name Ronald Langley owes 400 coins in her fine establishment. Now go and seek out this doorman. He is a halfling dressed in blue standing outside of the finer inn. The location is just north of the cemetary, on the west side of Tarant. SAVE! as a quicksave AND an ordinary save. Now SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!! If you mess this up there may not be another chance, although while actually doing the cheat it is rather forgiving.

So ask him for the money, and take the conversation route that asks him to have all 400 by 5 days. Take the 200 he has as a collateral or incentive, and wait the 5 days.

Now make sure to quicksave, and ask him to collect the money, then say bye without the formalities. (Both times the bottom choice.) Then repeat. He should give you 200 coins despite the fact that he just did. Repeat this for hours on end, and you should have hundreds of thousands of coins in your wallet, and they don't weigh anything at all! Spend as necessary. Buy a whole new set of armor for your team.

One thing though. If you ever do run out of the money, you may not be able to get it back, so never return to Madam Lil's after talking to Ronald Langley the doorman.

Now how about those trainers? Have you ever found any? Google isn't really any help.

Beldaran
07-12-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah there's a trainer out there. I got it by searching on google. So :blah:

its a good one. You can edit your save file easily so you can be on any level with any skill etc. Be careful of conflicting skills, however. If you have full magic and technology, your techs will tend to explode in your hands because tech is allergic to magic, so to speak.

have fun and USE GOOGLE

ShadowTiger
07-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Thanks Beldaran. Do you remember the site that you got it from? Because I have -REALLY- been looking all over for hours on end, and I have been absolutely, well, SOL. The brigands under Tarant Sewers keep doing me in. Virgil is no help, neither is Sogg Mead Mug.

Do you at least remember the keywords that you used when using Google? Thank you for your assistance.

By the way, have you tried that money cheat above? It actually works! (But it is tedium grandica.)

DarkDragoonX
07-17-2002, 12:12 PM
That's pathetic. Arcanum is a very easy RPG. The fact that you need a trainer is sad, sad, sad.