PDA

View Full Version : I will format my PC

Michaelk88
07-11-2002, 06:53 PM
I am going to format my PC over this weekend, so do not expect to see me on here over Sat.. My pc has been giving me problems...

I will try to get on that ZC for palm, as I have about 1 million projects todo.

inori
07-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Um... okay. Whatever. Have fun.

Cronic
07-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by inori
Um... okay. Whatever. Have fun.

Indeed...

Paradox
07-11-2002, 08:19 PM
"have fun reformatting your computer"?
hahaha!

dont fuck up or ELSE!!! *duh duhn dunnnn*

slothman
07-11-2002, 08:36 PM
Actually I have fun formating my computer and reinstalling windows. It's like a purge of all the bad stuff on my hard drive.

Bloodstar64
07-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Have fun formantting your pc....

Fatty Lumpkin
07-11-2002, 08:50 PM
I have fun partitioning. Especially when you mess up and think you destroyed all your data, but really didn't.

MrCow
07-11-2002, 10:47 PM
lol have "fun" dc I like that avatar looks kinda cool on the lotr theme

AlphaDawg
07-11-2002, 11:41 PM
Damn, who am I going to make fun of this weekend?

Oh well, at least for now you'll have a good excuse for your website being down.

Mini-Me
07-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Fatty Lumpkin
I have fun partitioning.

hehehe...i have fun partitioning my mind...hehehe :goofy:

gdorf
07-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Uh... thats really dramatic.

Drunken Tiger
07-12-2002, 12:37 AM
Stupid questions :
What the commmand to format my computer?
How do you partition the drives?

Rijuhn
07-12-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by AlphaDawg
Damn, who am I going to make fun of this weekend?

Oh well, at least for now you'll have a good excuse for your website being down.

OMG, that's the funniest thing I've heard today.

*Rijuhn hands AD a cup of coffee*

This is on the house for making my day. :)

The Savior
07-12-2002, 12:57 AM
I am going to take a shit over this weekend, so do not expect to see me on here over Sat

Michaelk88
07-12-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Drunken Tiger
Stupid questions :
What the commmand to format my computer?
How do you partition the drives?

BOOT DISK REQ. (dont say you were not warned...)

1. Go to dos mode by restarting in dos mode(better and recomended).

2. Type format C:

3. Hit "Y"

4. Watch the data go down the drain!

5. Give this HD a name (like MyPc)

6. restar and pop the disk in(or win cd)

7. .......... Follow the onscreen steps.

Here is a **VERY** DANGEROUS THING to put in a batch file(like autoexec.bat):

[[original Autoexec.bat contents]]
echo off
cls
echo say GOODBYE TO YOUR DATA!
echo y|format C:

This will automatically delete EVERYTHING.

Or If you get your hand on a boot disk maker in win 9x/2000/me/xp and swap it with a format batch file autoload on boot!!!!!!

Drunken Tiger
07-12-2002, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the detailed answer...;)

ZeldaFan001
07-12-2002, 03:49 PM
If you want to format and DESTROY EVERYTHING, follow these steps. Chances are the steps you take, data can still be undeleted by a friend, yourself, or anybody. So do this.

Put in your operating system boot disk in at startup and choose to go into dos mode.

Make sure all your important data has been saved. I like to burn it on a cd.

Format your computer by typing this:

format c: /q
This prepares your computer for extensive format cleaning. Format will soon finish and don't give it a name at this moment.

After you quickly format your hard drive, type this command.

format c: /u
When your computer formats, it notices that no files exist(though they are only deleted and still exist.) and the format program thinks it is a new hard drive. WHEN IT THINKS THIS, IT COMPLETELY DESTROYES YOUR DATA. IT CAN NEVER BE RECOVERED!

I have used these steps to make my computer faster. The computer I am using now has been formatted 5 times this year, and it works pretty good.

After you format, follow instructions on reinstalling, such as boot disk, boot CD (if your computer got a Restoration CD) or your current operating system CD. Good luck with formatting. Of course, I already know what I am doing, so I never f*** up.

Paradox
07-12-2002, 03:52 PM
or if you do it the C++ way its something like

void main()
{
system "format c:"
}

i went to computer camp last summer and i wrote the program but the camp workers wouldn't let me run it :evil:

theplustwo
07-12-2002, 09:51 PM
I re-format my computer from time to time, to purge it of all the shit my mom installs on it. It generally will start taking a really long time booting, or get some weird thing, like not allowing you to install any progs, since you don't have administator rights, (even though you do) in XP. I think she gets viruses, despite Norton Antivirus.

Just make sure you 'obtain' a copy of PowerQwest Drive Image Pro so you can make a backup image of your pristene partition, and restore it whenever you want.

In fact, as luck would have it, the most recent issue of Maximum PC magazine had a cover story on this very subject. Pick up a copy today! Seriously, this mag makes every other computer mag look like a steaming pile of poo.

Masamune
07-13-2002, 11:12 AM
i like formatting my computer on rainy days. then i like to go inside it with a ray gun and fight all the bad guys! ^_^