PDA

View Full Version : A forum bug that is happening a little too often

Qusetonui
07-10-2002, 10:46 PM
Whenever I get to the main forum after doing something, the forum treats me as if I clicked the "logout" button. Suddenly, the forum doesn't follow the classic black format, it goes back to the main page format (I wonder if this could be fixed). I wonder if this bug is a biggie. Has that happened to you? Whenever I click on the Armageddon Games Forums logo on the webpage, I see the main page of the forums - but it uses the main page layout and I have to log in again. It seems to be the forum bug is at its worst point on every Wednesday.

Orion
07-10-2002, 10:52 PM
This has already been brought to our attention and is being resolved.

Drunken Tiger
07-10-2002, 10:53 PM
It shouldnt happen if you are using IE, I hear it happens only to those on Opera... But if you are using IE i dont know because it hasnt happened to me yet...:shrug:

Mak-X
07-10-2002, 10:55 PM
There was a few times in the past when all of the sudden I would find myself logged out when I went to the main forum page. It hasn't happend in a while though.

Menokh
07-10-2002, 10:57 PM
It's not just an opera problem.
In fact it can happen in IE as well.

It is a problem with the way VBBs set cookies on your harddrive. The reason Opera has more problems with them than other browsers is because Opera reads cookies litterally. IE tends to ignore most data inside of cookies, but sometimes this cookie problem will show up for IE users.

At least that is the explanation I got from some people who know alot about these message boards.

Rijuhn
07-11-2002, 04:04 PM
Whoally shit dudes! I just posted a cuss-rant in a current thread on the first page, and then I see this. I hate this bug, because I would have about 30,000 posts at AGN if I didn't have to sign back in ever hour. Half the time I just get so pissed at I don't even post.

AtmaWeapon
07-12-2002, 08:05 AM
I've had it happen to me as well. It's annoying, but doesn't bother me too too much.

Gerudo
07-12-2002, 08:15 AM
heh, almost never happens to me... maybe like once or twice in a month, but thats it