PDA

View Full Version : All Star Game

DemoQuestFan
07-10-2002, 12:50 AM
The All-Star Game ends in a TIE of all things! A regular season game would NEVER be allowed to end in a tie unless it is suspended by rain. It said "Suspended-Other" when I went to look at the play-by-play.

Paradox
07-10-2002, 12:51 AM
I watched the whole baseball all star game, and to say it was unique is an understatement. Besides all the ceremony honoring players (including the late Ted Williams), the game went into extra innings after many lead chages. After 9 innings it was 7-7. The game went on until the middle of the 11th inning where the commissioner decided that it should end at the end of the inning, since all the pitchers were used up and they shouldn't waste their arms on a game that didn't count. Nobody scored and the game ended, the crowd booed and left. There was no MVP of the game. Only the second time a game ended on a tie (first was in a rain out). This wasn't your average game...

Paradox
07-10-2002, 12:52 AM
crap i made a topic of this with more descripton 2 seconds after you did...

Cyclone
07-10-2002, 01:41 AM
It ended in a tie? WTF?

{Edit: Got Radium to merge the two topics, to explain the seeming double-post above.}

Cyclone

The Silent Assassin
07-10-2002, 02:55 PM
It was BS. But then again, it was worth seeing Byung Kim blow the game...cuz I hate the D-Backs.

The first was in 1967...and you can see it depicted in that HBO movie about Jackie Robinson joining the Major's.