PDA

View Full Version : Game Cube's Resurection

Brian
07-09-2002, 11:41 PM
Well, after many dull months after release, during which I think the Game Cube (my only new system, I'll add) has got the worse games out of any other systems. PS2 is older so it has more, and better games, and X-Box has definately done better with what is out right now. Simply, Nintendo screwed up with the launch and post launch games.

However, now it is time for the ressurection. Enternal Darkness is a good game, but what I'm really talking about is Mario in August (the Holy Grail of games), Star Fox and Metriod in September. These are the games I bought the GC for, and now, finally, I'm going to get them. There's also plenty of other lower profile games that look great and are going to make the holidays.

So, about time to dust off the Game Cube. (which has been collecting dust since I got tired of the launch games a couple months ago)

Menokh
07-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Eternal Darkness is awesome.
I plan on buying it soon, but one problem, I don't have any money...

And I honestly can't wait for Starfox Adventures and Metroid Prime.

Orion
07-10-2002, 12:18 AM
There is a very solid lineup. Before the end of the year, we will see (in some vague order)

Mario Sunshine
Star Fox Adventures
SW Bounty Hunter
SW TCW
Metroid Prime (November Release, BTW)
RE 2,3,0
Phantasy Star E1&2
Wario World
LToZ (probably 2003)

I think that's a fairly solid lineup. As far as first party titles go, the NGC has been pretty piddley, but I like most of the games I currently have:

Eternal Darkness
EX3
Gauntlet
Luigi's Mansion
Lost Kingdoms
Pikmin
Resident Evil
Rogue Squadron
Sonic Adv. 2
Smash Bros.
Waverace

Not as good as my PS2 collection, but a start.

Brian
07-10-2002, 12:37 AM
One thing about the launch or post launch games is that many of them were simply too short to buy. For example, I would never buy Luigi's Mansion or Pikmin if there was a better selection, (both were fun while they lasted, but I would just rent them) but since there weren't more games, I just bought them. But yeah, those other titles you listed look great too.

Mak-X
07-10-2002, 02:07 AM
I'm awaiting Super Mario Sunshine at the end of August, and I'll have to try to save up for the rest.

There seems to have been a drought in Gamecube games, like the N64 days, though GCN is doing better than N64 already but that's not saying a lot.

I'm waiting for

Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Starfox Adventures
The Legend of Zelda
Phantasy Star Online

and probably SW Bounty Hunter and Clone Wars.

I'm interested in the Sonic Mega Collection since I never got to play the games.

I'm also looking forward to Metroid Fusion and the Zelda 3 GBA port, but I know I'm gonna play Zelda 3 before Decemeber.

LORD APOCALYPSE
07-10-2002, 06:30 AM
And when all you lucky people are getting these games i'll just be getting the resi evil remake and eternal darkness...damn british getting games later than u.s.:mad:
sigh and spare a thought for those happy aussie's who get their games later than the british.....

Dracula
07-10-2002, 06:58 AM
All I am really waiting for is Star Fox Adventure, Metroid Prime, Godzilla, and the very shadowy Castlevania.

Raichu86
07-10-2002, 10:17 AM
I'll have to try Eternal Darkness when I get a cube. That makes a lot of people who I have seen approve of it. :laughing:

In the new GameCube sheet thing that has screenshots of tons of games on the back, released and unreleased, I see about 8 I would buy. Most of them aren't out yet.