PDA

View Full Version : Hey I have another question.

Eric920
07-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Ok if a person would please tell me how to do layers so i can make rain and lightning then thats all i would need to know so far. Please someone help me on this. My AIM is Eric02151 if youd rather talk to me on there thanks!:cool:

plith
07-09-2002, 10:57 PM
Adding layers is a snap once you know everything there is to know about them. :tongue:

First off, make the screen which will serve as the layer to be added over the base screen. The important part of this is to realize that any parts of this screen that use a tile with the little black X's for pixels will show through (you see it in the tile editor; think of them as the clear spots).
On the base screen, goto Data->Layers, then enter in the map number and screen coordinates of the screen to be used as a layer. You enter this stuff under the layer number you want. Each successive layer goes over the previous ones. Also, layers 1 and 2 appear underneath all game sprites/text. Layers 3 and 4 appear over items, Link, people, and ground-based enemies. Layers 5 and 6 appear over all sprites (text still appears over these two layers).
Finally, if you are using beta 163, you can choose whether to make the layer translucent, so that you can see layers and sprites underneath it partially.

As for the extra numbers which you see under the map/screen coordinates under Data->Layers, it's for a future feature that DN's considering implementing.
Also, while editing a screen that has layers on it, you can press Pageup to change the bottom box to a layers editor. You can use the checkboxes there to make the layers (in)visible while you work on the base screen, and you use the radio buttons to select which layer you want to edit so that you don't go back and forth between screens all the time.

Eric920
07-10-2002, 02:07 PM
oh! Ok thanks I got it sorry i took so long to reply. And yeah that is easy. :D