PDA

View Full Version : problem

link182
07-09-2002, 06:45 PM
how cum when i put the string, guy, special item, room type, link walks in and its not the right color and nothings in there. i set the warp to cave and put where the sword i supposed to be and nothings there?

:poke:
:computer:
:whap:
:confuse2:
:banghead:
:moo:
:hourglas:
:weirdo:
:spin:
:angry:
:sonar:

ZeldaLord
07-09-2002, 06:51 PM
You messed up VB code, there's no such color as "Firebrick" and there's a stray tag at the end. BTW, have you been hit by the smilie disese? :laughing: You've got way too many.

link182
07-09-2002, 07:04 PM
no im just goofin off

:poke:

Nick
07-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Is the cave on a seperate dmap or is it screen 80?

link182
07-09-2002, 07:15 PM
screen 80

Nick
07-09-2002, 07:17 PM
Ok, you have to set the stuff you want in the cave on the screen you warp to the cave. Set the guy/string/ect. there.

Also, you have to make sure the palatte color for caves is what it should be.

link182
07-09-2002, 07:19 PM
how do i check the pallete color

Nick
07-09-2002, 07:25 PM
Look in the quest menu for palattes.

If you are running 163, you will have to look in quest->graphics.

Go to the palatte that says "caves" (usually A).

JayeM
07-09-2002, 09:58 PM
Did you draw the cave on screen 80?

link182
07-10-2002, 01:45 AM
yes i did

ShadowTiger
07-12-2002, 12:11 PM
This stuff is always complicated, or at least for me. Okay. If you have a regular cave type thing, like when that old guy (Wise man for you optimists out there,) gives you the sword at the beginning of the game, that is a regular cave, that is done, like Nick said, in the screen where Link walks into the cave. The reason this is done is because there is only one tile warp allowed per screen, (sadly.) so it is acceptable to have all that information plopped down here. That is what its for.

Now the Quest Revenge 2 uses some pretty cool effects, like allowing one to have music in his caves, and to have different styles and looks for each "cave" that he sets. The way he did this is not by setting the info at the cave entrance, but by making it the cave a seperate screen. He had screen after screen after screen of houses and caves, one after another. Each one had the same music because it was the same Dmap (and map.), but they all had music!

So if you want to do this, you would make a new screen on another map. Try to have all houses like this on the same map. It makes things a whole lot easier for you in the long/short run. Now set the Dmap information, the midi, but not the continue/compass things, as those would probably mess the whole thing up. Next, create each individual house that you want on that map. Set the strings, guy, room, catch all, (What happens in that room, like the special item in a special item room.) And most important of all, make sure that:

1)It uses the pallet that you want, i.e. don't leave it at 0, or it's look REAL weird.

2)Set the correct tile/side warps for each. And the link appear positions, or else you will have Link stuck in the corner, and the player would have to start all over again, but he would appear in another corner. That would be.. a bad thing.

If you need more information on this, go to the Quest database from www.ZeldaClassic.com (there is a link there, then go to the link on that screen.) You know how this works already. Then go to the newfirst quests and get Revenge 2. The password is 440 . (no space.) You can see how he did it from there. Note that me telling you the password is not illegal, as there was a thread on it quite a while ago.

Enjoy! :D

link182
07-12-2002, 02:28 PM
i dont wan to be a cave i want it to be a house wich do i set the warp to

Happyman
07-16-2002, 06:59 AM
If you drew the house on screen 80, then it will be a house.

And you can also make it warp to a cave DMap.

ZeldaLord
07-16-2002, 07:21 AM
And set the level number to 10 or above (I think).

ShadowTiger
07-16-2002, 04:51 PM
This "cave" Which I spoke about in my riduculously long.... thing IS the Screen 80 thing, it just has music, can have multiple screens like Revenge 2, and is overall higher quality than the wimpy screen 80.